Where did those spider diaries go ?

Cerbera

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey everyone...

For anyone who still remembers, cares, or is interested, the Spider Diaries have just been updated with the whole sorry tale of why they haven't been there for a while...

:wall:

On the plus side, they're back, but the first new installment isn't quite the plethora of media pizazz they can be - its more of a sort of journey into the dark heart of spider keeping. Ok, I exaggerate - it's not. It's more like a conversation with myself in which I try and convince myself that spider keeping is still a good idea.

What, I suppose, would be interesting to know, is if any of you guys have times where you feel like that...

Not put off yet ? Click here.

Thanks for reading...

J

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My T. keeping heart just goes out to you, Dear...

Your latest contribution "outs" you so utterly as a "keeper with soul"......A shame that all keepers aren't exactly like you.
Thank you for sharing with us. Looking forward to the latest 'introduction' of your extended family. :)

Folks like you make the best keepers; just for the record...... ;)

~R

Julia

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Hey everyone...

What, I suppose, would be interesting to know, is if any of you guys have times where you feel like that...

Thanks for reading...

J
First of all, thank you for posting this! I haven't been around here long enough to have seen it before. Consider your spider diaries bookmarked.

Second, YES, I have times when I worry that spider keeping is a bad idea. Take today, in fact. I had a death last night (mostly my fault), and another death today (not my fault....no clue why this tiny sling died). After I saw the one today, my first thought was, "If I lose another one this week, I guess I should find another hobby."

Mina

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Jay, sometimes spiders just die. It doesn't mean you did anything wrong. We have no way of knowing if a sling is healthy on the inside, it may not be.
You love your Ts and care for them so much and so well, it isn't your fault. We have all had deaths, we have all blamed ourselves. But in the end we need to remember that we are not the one who determines how long a life span is.
Please think carefully before you decide to deprive yourself of them, and us of your company and the spider diaries.