Where can I buy a Brazilian black Sling

Where can I buy a Brazilian black sling?

Votes: 4 80.0%

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
@Arachnophoric I must have hit that by mistake! o.o
Im on my phone so scolling past I must of clicked that.

Sorry about that!
It's all good! I wondered if it was either that, or if you perhaps knew something concerning Aussie laws I didn't know. In hindsight, I probably should have PMed you the question, didn't mean for it to look like I was calling you out or anything :rofl:

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As far as I'm aware you can only keep non native tarantulas legally in Australia if you are a government backed agency that deals in collecting venom for use in medication.

I believe the bbc did a documentary called pain,pus and poisons where they visited a government laboratory and there was a few different species including Brachypelma, Grammostola etc. I vaguely remember another guy that worked for the said laboratory as a freelance venom collector

AusBugKid

Arachnosquire
From every Australian hobbyist I've spoken to, it is illegal to keep non-native species. So it's not just the importation that I'd -assume- would be illegal as well, you're not even scot-free if you manage to import them. If anyone found out you had them and reported you, you'd be in trouble with the government. Now, what the punishment is for such crimes? Not sure.

@AusBugKid is from Australia. Someone else is but I am blanking on their username.
Ayoooooo! I was summoned.
Yeah nah mate super illegal. The penalties range from hefty fines (thousands) up to straight up prison time. Not sure how often that happens though. Knowingly importing anything restricted is taken pretty seriously, basically the legalities are similar to trying to import a non-trafficable quantity of an illicit substance. (Traffic able would be a dealer charge, which would be even harsher again)

Uh yeah, so basically, don't. Customs are way thorough.

AusBugKid

Arachnosquire
Also, yeah there are legal ways around it regarding laboratory or justifiable use, but unlike keeping a tiger or komodo dragon in a zoo, it is harder to justify keeping a "big gross bug" to the relevant people, let alone a private collector trying to get permission to do so.

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Bit of solace, you Australian folks can:

- own all of those ####### badass & venomous native T's (and other kangaroo-land potentially lethal Mygalomorphae)

- no one will say to you: 'you shouldn't start with OW's' lol :cigar:

Only 'Cons' and real tragedy:

- Sadly, you can't own the Goddess*. Screw 'brachy/grammos/whatever'. The Goddess*.

For those that (incredibly) doesn't know what I'm talking about the Goddess* is v

* 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her)

I've finished, your Highness :pompous:

AusBugKid

Arachnosquire
Bit of solace, you Australian folks can:

- own all of those ####### badass & venomous native T's (and other kangaroo-land potentially lethal Mygalomorphae)

- no one will say to you: 'you shouldn't start with OW's' lol :cigar:

Only 'Cons' and real tragedy:

- Sadly, you can't own the Goddess*. Screw 'brachy/grammos/whatever'. The Goddess*.

For those that (incredibly) doesn't know what I'm talking about the Goddess* is v

* 0.1 Pelinobius muticus PBUH (Peace Be Upon Her)

I've finished, your Highness :pompous:
Oh trust me, people still tell us not to start with OWs.
Yes it is a shame about The Goddess, PBUH.
While our T's are interesting, they are all rather... Brown.

Nightshady

Dislike Harvester
What happened to AU? It used to be such a cool place, but it has gotten pretty lame in the past couple of decades.

Want to own a gun? NO.
Want to own a tarantula? NO.

The land of Crocodile Dundee my ass! ;)