Where are the tarantula keepers and breeders in eastern Washington?

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
there is a notice about it on the discussion board to all pokie breeders and keepers
How unfortunate that outdated data is used to guide the future of an endangered species. The hobbiest could actually help to repopulate the wild stock if allowed to share the gene pool during captive breeding.

dmahaffie

Arachnopeon
So, it is important that all pokie folks in the state of WA become familiar with each other.

I have a female metallica, female lowlands subfusca, regalis subadult, a rufilata sling. I am getting a female ornata. And will be ordering from vendors a couple of highlands subfusca slings and smithi slings. I can get trigrinawesseli slings from a friend. I would be interested in any available pokies from people around the state. None of my females are old enough to breed.

What's everyone else have?

Dixie

Yanose

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have mainly avics at the moment when I moved I had to give away most of my collection and now years later I am building it back I used to keep all kinds of pokies and by the end of the summer I will have at least some P. mettalicas P. ornatas , and any other pokie I can get my hands on. this law with the pokies will not likely go in to effect for a few years but we need an adequate breeding pop in this state before that happens or no more pokies for us in the future

---------- Post added 05-12-2015 at 09:14 AM ----------

funny that some one could not get a government grant to breed pokies for conservation I wonder if that might at all be possible I guess it is some thing to look in to

hears to hoping my A. diversipes female produces a sac. I know that there is more that just the few of us on here in Washington and I also think a meet and greet of some sort even a Skype thing if nothing else should happen some time

Last edited by a moderator:

widowkeeper

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
i remember back in 07 08 someone in your area was trying the same thing we exchanged a few emails. i don't think he ever found enough support to get anything soild going. it would be nice to see something happen with the idea pm me if you get something going

buddah4207

Arachnoknight
I'm in Oregon but I did attend the Renton expo and was at Simon's table helping out the whole time. Well selling his stock while he got to look around lol. It was a lot of fun and I met a lot of new people.

Melody161

Arachnopeon
Darn this was so long ago! Any luck on making a Spokane group? Because im in Spokane and would love to find people to meet up with locally

guss

Arachnopeon
i am in spokane and have been collecting local spiders and insects. but i want to get some turantulas. and i dont want to buy them from petco. where are slings for sale in spokane?

Aerfar

Arachnopeon
I realize this thread is old and dead. I live in Spokane. I have 10 Hysterocrates gigas slings and 1 Neoholothele incei sling. I'm new to keeping lots of tarantulas, but I had a Grammastola rosea for ten years before these slings. Bought her fully grown from a pet store when I was fourteen. She passed away last year. I would like to get a few more species but will wait until someone wants to place a team order with me to save on shipping (or I'll wait till I can't take it any more).

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
@Aerfar, try posting in the Arachnofunctions section so that your request doesn't get buried in the Tarantula Chat. Who knows, you may end up starting a new Washington invertebrate club!

Thanks,

Arthroverts

TowerofFae

Arachnopeon
I'm getting my first T soon and live in Kitsap
I'd love to join if one happens