When to worry about my vinegaroon?

Stormsky

Arachnopeon
I have an adult female Mastigoproctus giganteus which I haven't seen in at least 2 months now. It's in a little burrow it made but I have seen absolutely no signs of life in the enclosure since she closed the entrance.(or the entrance collapsed, can't tell)
My question is how long is normal for them to disappear for and when should I consider opening the burrow to check if she's ok?

basin79

ArachnoGod
I have an adult female Mastigoproctus giganteus which I haven't seen in at least 2 months now. It's in a little burrow it made but I have seen absolutely no signs of life in the enclosure since she closed the entrance.(or the entrance collapsed, can't tell)
My question is how long is normal for them to disappear for and when should I consider opening the burrow to check if she's ok?
My lass disappeared about 6 weeks ago. Blocked off her entrance. It seems like something they just do. Obviously blocking off the entrance means she doesn't want to be disturbed so I just leave her to it.

pannaking22

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
They hibernate to an extent each year, so it's normal for them to disappear in the winter. They typically molt around that time too. If it doesn't reappear in the next 2-3 months, then you can carefully check on it.

Stormsky

Arachnopeon
My lass disappeared about 6 weeks ago. Blocked off her entrance. It seems like something they just do. Obviously blocking off the entrance means she doesn't want to be disturbed so I just leave her to it.
They hibernate to an extent each year, so it's normal for them to disappear in the winter. They typically molt around that time too. If it doesn't reappear in the next 2-3 months, then you can carefully check on it.
Thanks. It's good to know that it's normal for them to disappear this long.

Stormsky

Arachnopeon
Update: She's alive and hungry! It's been over 3 months since I've seen her last and about 4.5 months since I last fed her.(She now holds the fasting record in my collection) Hopefully she will stay out and about now.