When to rehouse my male P striata

When and to what should I move him to.

• No, not now. Let him molt one or two more times & do it later. They don't need much room.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
I'm sure I'll have to do it, just wondering how urgent it is. I've figured out how I'm gonna move him so that part is settled.

Greasylake

Arachnoprince
How large is the T, what size is the enclosure? Pictures would help. If I answered at the moment I would just be shooting in the dark.

Whitelightning777

Arachno-heretic
The enclosure is 8x4x8. The tarantula has about a 4" DLS.

P striata Patrick molted 10-1-18b.jpg

He's a male and probably will get to about 6"-8" DLS in size if various websites are correct. He's literally never been out of the enclosure. I've always just worked around him, wearing puncture proof gloves unless he just molted.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
How large is the T, what size is the enclosure? Pictures would help. If I answered at the moment I would just be shooting in the dark.
Cmon Greasy, just guess, read the OPs mind... I'm going to say Rehouse him in 8 yrs.

MissouriArachnophile

Arachnoknight
According to the post it is currently in a 8 x 4 x 8 container assuming that is in LxWxH format, and the T is already 4 in DLS. Shouldn't the tarantula go ahead and be moved to an adult arboreal enclosure, unless it just recently molted then you might want to wait a week or two. The picture alone is near 4 inches or more just sayin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mirandarachnid

Arachnobaron
Sooooo The width of the enclosure is the same as the DLS of the spider... and this is a question you need to ask? Come on, sugarbear, I think you know the answer already.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Nano tall, if females of this species max out at 7" or so then I doubt he'll hook out any larger than 6" so that'll keep him going to adulthood.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
I use prestzel jars for most my aboreals , except for a few pokies that are bigger .
My second biggest pokie is in a xl cheese puff jar until her tank is redone .
Males are much leggier don’t need a massive super sized tank unless you plan on using an female in the tank when he is gone are you breeding him ?