When to expect A. hentzi molting?

VolkswagenBug

Arachnobaron
I got an A. hentzi about 9 months ago as a juvenile around 2.5" in legspan, and it doesn't appear to have molted yet. (I don't know when the last time it molted was.) I feed it one cricket once a week and its abdomen appears to be a good size, and it's kept at room temperature. Is this cause for concern or do they typically take this long to molt?

Rob1985

This user has no status.
That puts me at ease, thanks.
I have an Aphonopelma sp New River that I got as a 1/2" sling back in 2005... It's only a 4.5" adult female. In general the Aphonopelma species are super slow growers.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Right, with exception to A.seemani.
I don't about that. How many A. seemani have you raised? In my experience those are definitely slow growers too. However, they're definitely faster than the rest of the genus though.

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
I don't about that. How many A. seemani have you raised? In my experience those are definitely slow growers too. However, they're definitely faster than the rest of the genus though.
Just one, being tropical spiders from Costa Rica...they grow pretty fast.

Mine went from a 1/2'' sling to a 2.5'' juvie in several months.

Rob1985

This user has no status.
Just one, being tropical spiders from Costa Rica...they grow pretty fast.

Mine went from a 1/2'' sling to a 2.5'' juvie in several months.
Mine grew from sling to juvy in like 9 months or so but once they reach that size they slow down... a lot. I had two of them both blue color form. One of them died from a rehousing incident, which as an experienced keeper really sucks!