When should I get a roach colony?

Echolalia

Arachnosquire
I have 4 Ts (soon to be 7) and I really dislike feeding them crickets. They're chirpy, and smelly, and may give diseases :(
I was wondering when would be a good time to start roach breeding. I don't have that many spiders, and I don't want the Dubia to go to waste, or overpopulate, so I don't know when it would be worth it.

19tarantula91

Arachnosquire
Search Dubia/ dubia roach colony in the search bar at the top right hand corner of your screen to find a million and one comments on this subject

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
Its more of a Rhetorical question.. cuz you admit your going to buy one... do some research.... if you get too many extra dubias sell off the extra off spring for profit.. its that simply

Search "GOOGLE" or this site :)

kanito107

Arachnosquire
I find google search brigs up better results. But it's more of a personal choice rather than advice. I decided to get my roach colony started and that's when I owned 15 now I have well over 20. So it was a no brainer. If I have many mouths to feed I would do it. But if you think your 4 ts deserve better diet then go for it

Fever

Arachnopeon
I have a roach colony going right now with five T's. Like Kanito said, its a personal choice.

Vilurum

Arachnosquire
Most of my Ts dont go near roaches, just my T. blondi so you may want to think about throwing all your eggs in the one basket if you get me.

just throwing that out their.

Ultum4Spiderz

Arachnoemperor
Arachnosupporter
almost all my Ts love roaches.. except some slings cannot kill them cuz of the shell.. but there 1/2-3/4"
DUbia roaches... are like a Ts healthy version of potato chips... that tastes very good!! :)
my pokies hate superworms(scared of em)... but love roaches!

deathkorps

Arachnosquire
it didn't take me long to get a roach colony started. for the moment though i still have to buy some crickets for my adult T's since my roach colony is all nymphs for my slings. roaches live a lot longer than store bought crickets, and are easier to keep alive as well. just something else to consider, it will save you money from constantly having to buy crickets all the time.