When do G. pulchripes begin to get moody? When they're teenagers?

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
I've had my G. pulchripes sling for about a year now and she still seems really sweet (Yay!). I've heard they eventually get moody though. When does that usually kick in?

boina

Lady of the mites
1. They don't get moody. Every tarantula can have 'mood swings', though.

2. It is frowned upon to make two threads with the same question and your question would have been just fine in the chat section. No, you can't delete threads, only moderators can.

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
Thank you very much for your answer.

Thank you also for your etiquette correction. I'm new here and would like to fit in so any advice to help that is appreciated :).

Last edited:

Paul1126

Arachnoangel
Temperaments change from specimen to specimen.
There is no guarantee you'll have a calm spider.

Things change with moults my B. hamorii was very skittish and would bolt at the slightest disturbances after his recent moult he will sit right out in the open and not move at all when I do maintenance.

Spiders are incredibly interesting and even spiders that are considered docile can be defensive little things.

WildSpider

Arachnobaron
Temperaments change from specimen to specimen.
There is no guarantee you'll have a calm spider.

Things change with moults my B. hamorii was very skittish and would bolt at the slightest disturbances after his recent moult he will sit right out in the open and not move at all when I do maintenance.

Spiders are incredibly interesting and even spiders that are considered docile can be defensive little things.
Wow, that's such a huge change in temperament in such a short amount of time. I could live with that change;).

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
If I recall correctly, I've only ever gotten 2 threat poses from my G.pulchripes: once when she was going into premolt, and another one after a molt and she decided she still wasn't ready for food. Aside from that, she is very mellow and calm. There's exceptions to anything, but this is a species known for being quite calm and beginner friendly.

Maybe you're thinking of Psycho Rosies :rolleyes:

ShyDragoness

Arachnobaron
If I recall correctly, I've only ever gotten 2 threat poses from my G.pulchripes: once when she was going into premolt, and another one after a molt and she decided she still wasn't ready for food. Aside from that, she is very mellow and calm. There's exceptions to anything, but this is a species known for being quite calm and beginner friendly.

Maybe you're thinking of Psycho Rosies :rolleyes:
mines never threat postured personally it just likes to run in circles with its butt riiiiiight up in the air shooting hairs like a turret gun

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
mines never threat postured personally it just likes to run in circles with its butt riiiiiight up in the air shooting hairs like a turret gun
I can't say my girl has ever done that :rofl: She’s usually very well behaved. Just a little greedy with food

aphono

Arachnobaron
I have two juveniles and two slings. One of the juvies and a sling are "calm", the other two are skittish, leaning towards 'very skittish'. The skittish juvenile was always skittish, right from when it was 1/2". The calm juvenile is one of my favorites, probably THE favorite of the whole collection of 30 tarantulas. It was always calm even when 1/2".

Never had threat posture or any kicking from any of them. The skittish ones just run and hide.