1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats your Hungriest T???

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Ultum4Spiderz, May 31, 2012.

1. MantisRCool

MantisRCool Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    Pokies, especially the young ones! The older don’t come out to eat as often, but when they do they are pretty fierce about it.
    Also Chilobrachys Vietnam Blue, I got 2 of them and they are always peeking out of their holes ready for food, unless in premolt.
    Tapinauchenius and Psalmopoeus slings also don’t get embarrassed around food :)
    And I know it’s not a tarantula and I just got it, but love how Linothele pounces on its food the second it hits her web!

2. Mychajlo

Mychajlo Arachnopeon

My Theraphosa Stirmi will eat all day everyday, but I keep her on a “scheduled diet” lol, Unless she’s about to molt she never refuses a meal, but to be honest she would probably eat then too but I’m not gonna test it lol
    64C5986E-7B30-4F22-82EA-CE8178A44282.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

My juvenile Acanthoscurria geniculata attacks anything that moves and never refuses a meal except during pre-molt.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Toddydog

Toddydog Arachnosquire

Mines such an aggessive eater as well. Still only eats prekilled but this is probably the cutest thing I've seen all day. 20180309_153316.jpg

• Love Love x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. Ungoliant

Ungoliant Malleus Aranearum Staff Member

cold blood, you have some competition for tiny sling, giant mealworm.

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. Nightstalker47

Nightstalker47 Arachnoprince Active Member

A little overkill there lol.
    Thats a super.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Kurtwalthers

Kurtwalthers Arachnopeon

I would say my P. Irminia. That thing never turns down food, I swear it's a beast!

8. Rinfish

Rinfish Arachnopeon

Definitely my GBB! Just a sling, but when it was at max capacity (trust me on this), it would still sit at the entrance of its den in a hunting posture! Just molted the other day, so i'm glad I didn't give in to its demands. ;)

9. miamc12321

miamc12321 Arachnopeon Arachnosupporter

My teeny E sp red at 1/4 inch eats like grown adult. Attacks, fights, and takes down dead mealworms like they were alive! It's sooo cute to watch!

10. Scarabyte

Scarabyte Arachnosquire

USA
    It's a tie between my G. pulchripes and my P. cancerides
    My pulchripes on one hand will stay in one spot, chowing away on a really small meal all day.
    My cancerides will grab things twice her size and kill them, then drag them down into her burrow where I can't even retrieve the bolus :p

• Like Like x 1
  11. Wolfspidurguy

Wolfspidurguy Arachnobaron

well shes not a T but my Hogna Carolinensis never refuses a meal even if its bigger than herself

12. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

My A.geniculata squad for sure, followed by my G.iheringi. My T.violaceus as well.

13. Mvtt70

Mvtt70 Arachnobaron

Definitely my T. stirmi male, I've actually fed it a mealworm 3 days in a row just to see if it'd keep eating and it did lol. It would eat probably 4 times a week if I fed it that much.

14. basin79

basin79 Arachnoking Active Member

It's a toss up between my T.blondi and Grammostola iheringi usually. But after her recent moult my Pamphobeteus sp Costa is up there too.

15. Tia B

Tia B Arachnopigeon Arachnosupporter

Arizona
    My juvie male A. genic is my hungriest T. The thing can be so fat it looks like it's going to burst and it still lunges at the sides of the enclosure as I feed others in my collection.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Bigme213

Bigme213 Arachnopeon

IMG_0560.JPG Not that I have a bunch of t's, but out of my humble collection stirmi by a mile.