1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Whats your Hungriest T???

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Ultum4Spiderz, May 31, 2012.

1. Advertisement
    I started this thread because I enjoy feeding my Ts
    Whats your Hungriest T!!!!!
    Feel free to post pictures

My two best eaters are Female P plottoyommas & A brocklehursti !!!! they love pouncing on roaches:biggrin:

2. MaskFac3

MaskFac3 Arachnopeon

England
    Brachypelma smithi \^_^/

3. Boatman

Boatman Arachnosquire

My female G rosea is a guaranteed eater! If one of my other Ts doesn't eat a prey item for whatever reason I take the item out and throw it in with my rosie and she immediately jumps on it. She's like a little garbage disposal.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. 1hughjazzspider

1hughjazzspider Arachnoknight

My hungriest T is the one that's next in line when it's feeding time. They all get impatient and don't like to wait their turn.

5. Brian89

Brian89 Arachnopeon

My A. genic is my hungriest T. in my modest collection, I don't think it has ever turned down a cricket. If it could I'm sure it would petition for a heavier feeding schedule lol
    I picked up GBB over the weekend and in the months to come I'm sure it'll challenge for the title!

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. MrWindupBird

MrWindupBird Arachnopeon

My GBB is by far the most consistently hungry and quick to pounce on prey without even taking a second to think abou it... I would say a relatively close second would be my L. parahybanas.

7. rockhopper

rockhopper Arachnosquire

I'd have to say my OBT. The thing never turns down food.

8. Don't call me crazy but I have a versi that has not refused a single meal! My platty also is a great eater!

9. grayzone

grayzone Arachnoking

while my collection changes frequently, and i MAY have had one or two that take the lead briefly, id have to say my male B. albo... Ive had him since about .25" and he is now about 5" and im HOPING PU... he will eat like 4-6 crickets twice a week if i let him. I HAVE been power feeding the hell out of him lately, hoping to speed him up.. He just molted about 1-2 months ago, and i want him to molt again soon as possible. I got a HUGE female that is presumably in pre-molt now. Id think that at her size she wont molt for quite some time so i will be force feeding him till pre-molt and waiting for the (sure to be) long change from PU to MM

10. Crysta

Crysta Arachnoprince Old Timer

P. cambridgei is a beast...P. irminia close behind...then A. francki who has never refused a meal as well...but she's fat..

11. Zeph

Zeph Arachnosquire

My C. fasciata for sure! Tackles prey at first sight.

12. Shay

Shay Arachnopeon

my P cam destroys

13. salmonpink

salmonpink Arachnopeon

md
  14. Vespula

Vespula Arachnodemon

My Grammostola pulchipes is a little piggy. I've seen her smack the side of her tank face first in her never ending attack on crickets. She always eats.
    Audacia being awesome.JPG Audacia cuteness.JPG

15. grayzone

grayzone Arachnoking

when i said i MAY have had some that competed or took the lead a G. pulchripes was DEFINITELY one of my ts i was referring to.. They are beast mode from .5-.75" on up...

16. SamuraiSid

SamuraiSid Arachnodemon

BC
    H. triseriatus. Once a month feedings makes for a very hungry girl.

17. beaker41

beaker41 Arachnoknight

My little B. vagans slings are the hungriest little devils among my T's at the moment. All four of my LP's are on hunger strike :(

18. Bbaumgarteni01.jpg
    Bbaumgarteni03.jpg
    Bbaumgarteni05.jpg
    IMG_0193.jpg
    My Brachypelma baumgarteni is definately my hungriest T. After she molted she began eating like a monster. I feed her in a three day period one after another. The first day she dived on the superworm, second day she did the same, and the third day she ate three superworms at once. Here are some pics of how fat she was before she molted. The pics are not mine they are from the previous owner (Jorpion on AB). The last pic is a pic when she molted with me, notice she still fat after her molt. (Current Owner)

19. As of right now, my A. Versicolor is by far my "hungriest." It will pounce on anything that wiggles in front of it! =P

I only have three T's right now but I should be expanding my collection quite soon. =)

20. this may come as a surprise but my p. metallica holds the title in my collection. The things ravenous! I'm not sure it knows it's a p. metallica since on top of its appetite it's rivaling my OBT in terms of webbing lol