What's your favourite small / dawrf T and why ?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What stunning looking Ts , I guess they are hard to get hold of? They are beautiful.
The top one is pretty rare in the N. America. It appears hard to breed from some people I talked with.

The bottom one is not hard to find at all. There are 2 other species even smaller that sp Columbia.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They are around just still kinda spendy, I believe well started slings are available on Arachnoiden.com for about $75ea. Neoholothele fasciaaurinigra re beautiful @viper69

Very true. IME they are far more reclusive than incei, and a lot faster, at least mine is.

It's a bit like Psalmo, this is the "irminia" version.

PanzoN88

Arachnodemon
By now almost everyone probably knows what my favorite dwarf Sp. (and overall favorite) is by now, however E. Sp. yellow are equally stunning: the five tiny slings I have are actually really good eaters. It took forever to find some slings of this Sp. so naturally I have to put them in my favorites list.

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Phixotrichus scrofa. My 3.5 inch adult female is one of the most eccentric spider I own, always rearranging her enclosure, great eater and who can deny that gorgeous metallic gold on the femurs?

ANNABELLA23.jpg

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
Hapalopus sp Columbia large. I've never owned the small, but I'm sure I would like them the same.
This is one of my very favorites tarantulas, and that includes all t's, not just dwarfs. Here's a few reasons why these guys rock:
1. They look like bumble bees.
2. They grow incredibly quick. I got a freebie last October that came in a tiny straw. I traded him last month after he hooked out. Doesn't get any faster than that.
3. They are fantastic eaters.
4. They web up their enclosures neatly, but don't hide in them. At least mine didn't.
5. The common name is pumpkin patch :) C'mon, that's adorable.

If you don't have one what're you waiting for? And hoarders rejoice, their enclosure won't take up much space.
literally support this 100%

I picked up what i thought was a H. Sp Columbia Large (though I'm pretty sure she's actually a munchkin patch, as its been over a year now, she's molted once and is still squarely at 2.5" without growing at all)

but they truly are awesome T's. Very hardy it seems, awesome webbers, amazing coloration and pattern, and usually out and about!

As for other dwarf species, i agree with the T. Sp. Panama, because, well, just look at it. its like Darth maul himself morphed into a spider.

as for a favorite that i own, i am really digging the H. villosella's. i have one thats been an absolute delight to have and am seriously contemplating getting about ~10 more, if only i knew a reliable source that has them.

AracKnight

Arachnopeon
I picked up what i thought was a H. Sp Columbia Large (though I'm pretty sure she's actually a munchkin patch, as its been over a year now, she's molted once and is still squarely at 2.5" without growing at all)
You can distinguish those 'species' by looking onto their ventral abdomen. The large one has two continuous yellow stripes at the sides, the small one has 3 isolated or only slightly joined yellow dots on each side ;)

Tanner Dzula

Arachnoknight
You can distinguish those 'species' by looking onto their ventral abdomen. The large one has two continuous yellow stripes at the sides, the small one has 3 isolated or only slightly joined yellow dots on each side ;)
well....i guess we will know for sure tonight then! thanks for the info. i never knew there was that big of a difference between the two.

Misty Day

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Was this the species that recently had a name change? I'm thinking of Euathlus parvulus? Lovely looking T by the way @Misty Day
This species as far as I know always used to be scrofa, but used to be in the genus Paraphysa, and was moved to Phrixotrichus, I believe this was a few years ago. (Can't remember which year!)

And thank you! She's definitely one of my favorites.

clive 82

Arachnoknight
This species as far as I know always used to be scrofa, but used to be in the genus Paraphysa, and was moved to Phrixotrichus, I believe this was a few years ago. (Can't remember which year!)

And thank you! She's definitely one of my favorites.
OK, cool, will keep an eye out for them. I can see why she is one of your favourites :)

Jayvicularia

Small Batch Seller
That's a great pic. Awesome looking T.
I was interested in buying at years ago and remember being fond of a 'Chilean goldburst' I saw at a reptile show. Does this still go by Paraphysa parvulus and are the readily available?

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I was interested in buying at years ago and remember being fond of a 'Chilean goldburst' I saw at a reptile show. Does this still go by Paraphysa parvulus and are the readily available?
Now its Euathlus parvulus Beautiful little T!

Lil Paws

Arachnosquire
I love my small / and dawrf Ts my favourite is the Eauthlus Chile Flame , nosey, always on the move and so cute . What's your favourite and why ? You may even give some ideas As to what to get next !
I want a Eauthlus Flame so bad! All the dwarf species sound really neat. They seem to have really interesting coloration and to be active. There are about 3 or 4 species I'd take home.