What's your favourite small / dawrf T and why ?

Deb60

Arachnosquire
C elegans gets my vote, perfect colour & patterning. I recently got a tiny sling, cant wait til it gets "bigger".
I lost mine a few weeks back ( male ) so on the look out for a female to come along .

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
I havent owned any dwarves yet, but from studying them, my favorite so far is Heterothele villosella. I like the way they look. And theyre supposedly one of the more successful communal species. And the extreme webbing... its jumped to the top of my wishlist for sure.
I wouldn't mind a Euthalus sp. Red, either. Most of mine are either skittish or A. geniculata, so thatd be a nice change of pace.

JoshDM020

Arachnobaron
I forgot about those, I was actually considering a communal setup not long ago but decided against it in the end.
I wont be starting with a communal. Ill probably get one spider and if i like it, I'll breed it and sell the ones i dont want to keep in the community.

sasker

Arachnoprince
Hapalopus sp Columbia large. I've never owned the small, but I'm sure I would like them the same.
This is one of my very favorites tarantulas, and that includes all t's, not just dwarfs. Here's a few reasons why these guys rock:
1. They look like bumble bees.
2. They grow incredibly quick. I got a freebie last October that came in a tiny straw. I traded him last month after he hooked out. Doesn't get any faster than that.
3. They are fantastic eaters.
4. They web up their enclosures neatly, but don't hide in them. At least mine didn't.
5. The common name is pumpkin patch :) C'mon, that's adorable.
And they are quite fast. To the best of my knowledge, they are the only fast species that come with racing stripes. I think they are a good species to start with if you want to get used to speedy (OW?) tarantulas that can bolt.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
One of my favourites is this girl Cyriocosmus leetzi. But 2 seriously underrated dwarf or smaller tarantulas are H villosella and E parvulus IMG_20170903_103718_921.jpg

basin79

ArachnoGod
I want to say my Idiothele mira because she's absolutely phenomenonal.

Whether hunting from her burrow or out and about.

But I have to pick my Cyriocosmus ritae. Just because of her size. She's tiny. Even as an adult female.

Her moult this morning.

clive 82

Arachnoknight
I lost mine a few weeks back ( male ) so on the look out for a female to come along .
I notice that you are from the UK too. TB have them in stock ( adult females ) but Ive not heard great things about them.

clive 82

Arachnoknight

But I have to pick my Cyriocosmus ritae. Just because of her size. She's tiny. Even as an adult female.

Her moult this morning.

Love the C ritae feeding video!

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
TB have them in stock ( adult females ) but Ive not heard great things about them.
I've ordered a good chunk of my collection from TB and I've only had a problem with one order which was "accidentally marked as sent" but it was sorted after a quick word via email and they sent me a freebie for the trouble.

On the other hand, everyone praises TSS and I've had problems with a good chunk of my orders from them (orders turning up late, being sent the wrong size, sex or species).

Deb60

Arachnosquire
I notice that you are from the UK too. TB have them in stock ( adult females ) but Ive not heard great things about them.
I've seen people are not happy with them as well , always used TSS or Portsmouth Tarantulas ( I go to pick them up ) as I live in Portsmouth UK , then I'm not worried about what could happen to them in transit!

Deb60

Arachnosquire
I've ordered a good chunk of my collection from TB and I've only had a problem with one order which was "accidentally marked as sent" but it was sorted after a quick word via email and they sent me a freebie for the trouble.

On the other hand, everyone praises TSS and I've had problems with a good chunk of my orders from them (orders turning up late, being sent the wrong size, sex or species).
Sometimes it's just a case of just being the unlucky I guess !

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Sometimes it's just a case of just being the unlucky I guess !
I've used them a number of times never had one issue, the only problem I've had ever was with tss funnily enough. It's like you say though sometimes you can be unlucky

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

Her moult this morning.

I really need to add I mira to my collection at some point such a beauty

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
I have a few and I rarely get to see any of them. The exceptions are my darling Cyriocosmus elegans adult female and my Ami sp. Panama juvenile/sub-adult female. I love my Neoholothele incei adult female, when I see her, and I also love my Davus pentaloris sub-adult female, who is out and about often. I adore my Euathlus/Homoeomma sp. Red, but their growth rate drives me crazy. Plus, I'm bummed that three of my four are male.
My least favourite are my Kochiana brunnipes. I never see them... ever. My Theraphosinae sp. Panama are gorgeous and have awesome appetites, but they are still small. I thought they would grow faster.
Ami sp. Panama, just because you don't see them very often. She will brighten up some when she is an adult...
DSC04984-2.jpg

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Aye. Absolutely stunning little T's although I've been told I'm lucky that I see my lass out.
I'm fine with never seeing a tarantula as i vaguely remember buying a M robustum at some point but it seems to have been replaced by an hole

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
I could never pick a favorite.... love them all equally, but the one I regret the most trading was a Southwest USA beauty Aphonopelma paloma adult female. so subtle super chill soft grey tiny explorer. Always wanted to come out during feeding and maintenance. :banghead::banghead:
A. paloma 5.jpg A. paloma 2.jpg

Ztesch

Arachnoknight
The only one I have is the Hapolopus Columbia large. He's a little sling but I saw a full grown one at a expo today and they are awesome looking! 20170908_121814.jpg