What's your favourite small / dawrf T and why ?

Deb60

Arachnosquire
I love my small / and dawrf Ts my favourite is the Eauthlus Chile Flame , nosey, always on the move and so cute . What's your favourite and why ? You may even give some ideas As to what to get next !

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Theraphosinae sp. 'Panama'

.. because look at it.

Oh, and Harpactira cafreriana and Idiothele mira :)

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
I've only just started getting in to dwarf species so all of mine are slings/juveniles (more likely juveniles lol). I have 2x Cyriocosmus elegans, 1x Neoholothele incei, 1x Dolichothele diamantinensis and 1x Euathlus sp. "Red".

I'd say my favourite so far is probably the D. diamantinensis for being a slightly prettier "mini GBB".

Avicularia minatrix and Theraphosinae sp. "Panama" were both already on my list of future purchases.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Oooooh, and pretty much all Harpactirella. Cant help it, small babz are the biznis

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
Hapalopus sp Columbia large. I've never owned the small, but I'm sure I would like them the same.
This is one of my very favorites tarantulas, and that includes all t's, not just dwarfs. Here's a few reasons why these guys rock:
1. They look like bumble bees.
2. They grow incredibly quick. I got a freebie last October that came in a tiny straw. I traded him last month after he hooked out. Doesn't get any faster than that.
3. They are fantastic eaters.
4. They web up their enclosures neatly, but don't hide in them. At least mine didn't.
5. The common name is pumpkin patch :) C'mon, that's adorable.

If you don't have one what're you waiting for? And hoarders rejoice, their enclosure won't take up much space.

Last edited:

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
No one. They can .... off since for me Theraphosidae and the 'dwarf' term/word combined together is heresy :)

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
I love incei GOLD:

fast
good eaters
Grow at a good pace for a dwarf

And I love that pure GOLD color

clive 82

Arachnoknight
I second Cyriocosmus elegans. You can't beat tiger stripes and a heart on its butt.
I second Cyriocosmus elegans. You can't beat tiger stripes and a heart on its butt.
C elegans gets my vote, perfect colour & patterning. I recently got a tiny sling, cant wait til it gets "bigger".

Deb60

Arachnosquire
This is the only dwarf T on my wishlist.
Well, I take that "only" part back. :) I'd like a Euathlus sp red as well. :)
Yep you've got to get the Eauthlus sp Red , I've also got the yellow as well , very cute and nosey