What's your favorite non tarantula animal?

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
Ok. Had to chime in.
Dogs!
Wolves!
Any canid
Raccoons. These garbage raiders, attic destroyers are the coolest. I actually rehabbed an orphan brother and sister.
I love all animals I guess.

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
Very tough question... Let's stick to Chordata, otherwise this will take forever.

From Mammals:
Kangal Dog from Turkey
From Birds: Psittacus erithacus
From Lizards: Genus Varanus
From Snakes: Ophiophagus hannah, Genus Naja, Acanthophis wellsi, Atheris hispida, Bungarus flaviceps (Ok this is list is gonna go on)
From Amphibians: Phyllobates terribilis
From Fish: Family Diodontidae

cold blood

Staff member
Bass (largemouth, smallmouth and spots), the mighty muskellunge;), the alligator gar, the flathead catfish, the bowfin (yeah, I like me some prehistoric fish), snapping turtles, birds of prey, like the bald eagle, great horned owl or peregrine falcon, and salamanders...salamanders are just so damn cool!!

But the best is the most obvious...the one that loves me back, my Dolly!!

Ceymann

Arachnoknight
I'll adopt najakeepers format

mammals: Suricata suricatta

Birds: Eos bornea

Lizards: Furcifer pardalis

Snakes: Lampropeltis triangulum

Amphibians: Aneides lugubris

Fish: Opistognathus rosenblatti

truecreature

Arachnoknight
Haha I also love opossums! Most people think I'm nuts when I say that.

Other than that I'm a huge fan of any sort of herp, particularly anything from the skink family (especially blue tongues), toads, agamids, monitors, and constricting snakes. My ultimate dream pet is one of Vital Exotics's black dragon phase water monitors, but unfortunately that's never going to happen. Water monitors are illegal to own in my state, and even if they weren't I'd never be able to afford to maintain one or have the room to house it. Someday I'd like to at least be able to see one in person up close though.

Also, as you can probably tell from my sig I looove slugs. If people think I'm weird for the opossums, you can imagine what they think when they find out about my gastropod passion

Ceymann

Arachnoknight
Haha I also love opossums! Most people think I'm nuts when I say that.

Other than that I'm a huge fan of any sort of herp, particularly anything from the skink family (especially blue tongues), toads, agamids, monitors, and constricting snakes. My ultimate dream pet is one of Vital Exotics's black dragon phase water monitors, but unfortunately that's never going to happen. Water monitors are illegal to own in my state, and even if they weren't I'd never be able to afford to maintain one or have the room to house it. Someday I'd like to at least be able to see one in person up close though.

Also, as you can probably tell from my sig I looove slugs. If people think I'm weird for the opossums, you can imagine what they think when they find out about my gastropod passion
Blue tongue skinks are super cool, awesome laid back lizard.

As a reef aquarist i have and still am keeping Gastropods, a few years ago while working in a local reefshop I encountered a Conus geograpus (my spelling maybe off) as a hitch hiker on a coral rock covered in zoanthids. Scary !
Tried to keep it in a critter keeper submegerged in our frag system, eventually stopped eating the chromis I was feeding and died, sad, but other than handling a copperhead, it was by far the most dangerous animal I have encountered.

cold blood

Staff member
I love all this opossum love....this is the first 'possum talk I can recall on AB that didn't involve @Tim Benzedrine :rofl:

I used to deal with the zoo's opossum occassionally, one raised for and used in a petting zoo. Really cool animal...sharpest teeth I've ever encountered. I'd hand it grapes with my fingertips and if I held it wrong its teeth would graze my fingernail...and they were so sharp they'd go all the way through and peel a deep line into my nail...hurt hours later, but at the time I never felt it, the cuts were just so clean.

louise f

Arachnoangel
Dogs
Snakes
and once had an aquarium with these guys, super cool. Haha in Danish they are called sugemaller. Dont know what they are called in English :D

upload_2016-8-10_19-19-8.png
upload_2016-8-10_19-20-12.png

cold blood

Staff member
Dogs
Snakes
and once had an aquarium with these guys, super cool. Haha in Danish they are called sugemaller. Dont know what they are called in English :D

View attachment 217514
View attachment 217515
plecostomus;)

When I kept aquariums, they were always some of my favorites...there's a lot of really really cool species...These were the ones I had...or a couple....

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/89/1a/39/891a3956e94667d51d64197cfe95df38.jpg

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/Fish_Freshwater/pleco/baryancistrus_species_l047_1.jpg

louise f

Arachnoangel
plecostomus;)

When I kept aquariums, they were always some of my favorites...there's a lot of really really cool species...These were the ones I had...or a couple....

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/89/1a/39/891a3956e94667d51d64197cfe95df38.jpg

http://badmanstropicalfish.com/Fish_Freshwater/pleco/baryancistrus_species_l047_1.jpg
Thanks sweetie <3 :kiss: They are really some of my favorites in aquariums too.:) They are friggin funny to watch. They almost look like a UFO when swimming around in the tank. :D Yes there is absolutely many cool looking species of those. Hehe, now i just miss having a aquarium again :)

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
I had this huge 1ft Pleco I named poopymonster.. He was my favorite fish for a good 4 years. Then we moved, and he was given away.:sad: