whats yor reptile recovery story

scorpanok

Arachnoknight
my boa was so severely under weight and dehydrated that we didn't think she would make it. she is the only reptile that I have worked with that was as far gone as she was and survived and I've seen some incredible recoveries but it was a miracle that she made it so she became my first official reptile.

I don't have any pictures of her before the recovery and I left the camera at work so ill post her pictures tomorrow when I can get the camera.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
My male Leopard gecko Apollo. He was being kept in a 10 gallon tank with another much larger male. Usually goes without saying regarding many reptiles but males in a small space do not get along.
First photo is Apollo when I took him in. Roughly 7in (17-18cm for our metric friends) and weighed 51 grams.
Second photo is the other male. Roughly 9in (22-23cm) and at least 85 grams. Final picture is Apollo more recently. He is up to 9in and last weight check he was 90 grams.
IMG_20150903_171459763.jpg
IMG_20150903_171541391.jpg
IMG_20170314_214027.jpg

Ratmosphere

Arachnoking
Work at an IT place. We usually get loads in from other countries and states. I forgot what state a load came from but inside was two geckos! One was super small and ended up dying but the other we helped get back on its feet. They were really weak and slow.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
I got my bearded dragon from a pet store -- completely emaciated and his back was sunken in -- his head looked 4 times too big for body. Pet store had him on pelleted diet -- and he didn't recognize it as food. Poor thing didn't even have a UVB light or basking lamp -- just some regular flourescent lighting there. Grrr.
He was happily adopted by me who happened to have a huge B lat colony and he's a chubby little fellow now -- had him 2 years. He's pretty good about eating mustard greens, melon, carrot, apple, grated butternut quash -- really, he's become more adventurous in food -- so I offer most anything on the 'BD approved food list' now. But crickets, roaches, waxies, & mealies are the real faves. lol So, his recovery was basically just feeding him. Vet wormed him but he actually was not found to have parasites. Not sure how I feel about worming if not needed. :(

My BP was purchased at Repticon, and came home covered in snake mites. And the be fair, it may not have been seller's fault -- those mites could have migrated over from the other snakes there. Took a few baths and enclosure treatments with Provent-A-Mite and all was fine. Until he pooped and had a prolapse -- vet corrected prolapse and it turned out he also had parasites. He drank like crazy the first couple weeks after I got him, but now he stays hydrated, he just drinks once in a while. I feed F/T and run mouse under warm water before serving -- so the wet fur also helps with hydration.
He was on the thin side when I got him, but not emaciated or anything. I find feeding every 5 -7 days and he maintains a gorgeous round figure now.