1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's wrong with my T?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by OxDionysus, Nov 15, 2009.

1. OxDionysus

OxDionysus Arachnobaron

Any Idea what would cause this? Does it look like it have mites on it eyes? I don't know if that would have anything to do with it or not.

2. Redneck

Redneck Arachnoprince

Are we looking at the eyes? All it looks like to me is a drop of water or something like that..
  3. Ariel

Ariel Arachnoprince

I don't see anything wrong with the eyes, but as for that wound, I have no idea, bad molt maybe?
  4. Assuming you mean that little chunk taken out of the prosoma, the best thing I can think of is that something bit it? That's really strange, I can't say I've seen anything like that before. Hope someone who has a better idea of what it could be chimes in.

5. TalonAWD

TalonAWD Arachnoprince

6. I'm pretty sure we're not talking about the eyes...although I see where it could be misleading. Like Talon said, the eyes appear that way because of the flash from the cam; I don't believe they're mites.

That chunk almost looks like it's either rotting away or infected, but I can't be sure.

How is the spider acting?
  7. Redneck

Redneck Arachnoprince

I only asked that because he said something about mites..

If the spider is acting normal then maybe it could have been cause by a bad molt as stated in a previous post.. But I am still pretty much a noob! Soo I am really no help here huh!! :eek:
  8. OxDionysus

OxDionysus Arachnobaron

Yea I'm sorry if my post was misleading. I was talking about the wound, I don't think anything bit her. I feed her Lateralis roaches, but she eats them up as soon as they hit the ground. Mabye some kind of fungus or infection? :confused:
  9. BrynWilliams

BrynWilliams Arachnoprince

Having not a clue about what it could be (i've never seen anything like that). I do hope whatever it is, that your T comes out ok. Hopefully it'll moult out of whatever is going on there
  10. Exo

Exo Arachnoprince

Looks bacterial to me, I think that there is a section on how to treat them in the TKG.
  11. scar is my t

scar is my t Arachnobaron

that little bite spot might be from crickets. Ive heard they can cause damage.