What's wrong with my P. sp. Machalla?

Ran

Arachnoknight
I sure hope she makes it... you have a female from that last ventral shot! Good luck!

AntlerAlchemist

Arachnosquire
Hopefully someone else can weigh in on it. The last few threads about sick T's or T's with ruptured abdomens said to keep them moist and have water available. I hope she pulls through! This is nothing as bad as the last ruptured abdomen picture I saw.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
Hopefully someone else can weigh in on it. The last few threads about sick T's or T's with ruptured abdomens said to keep them moist and have water available. I hope she pulls through! This is nothing as bad as the last ruptured abdomen picture I saw.
Did the other one make it? I've only had one other incident of this happening and the T died (the tear happened between the cephalothorax and the abdomen).

AntlerAlchemist

Arachnosquire
No the last I saw was a massive rupture from a fall. It didn't, but people weighed in saying they had seen some survive it. How is your T doing?

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
She's moving around now which is good. She's also drinking a lot more now. When I put the starch on a drop of hemolymph (?) came out. I'm pretty sure it's sealed up now, but I'm worried about the starch coming off due to the moisture in her tank. Should I reapply it often?

AntlerAlchemist

Arachnosquire
It's good to hear she is moving and drinking! I think you should only reapply the starch if it seems that ahe is still bleeding. If there doesn't seem to be new fluids coming out then you can leave it be.

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
It's good to hear she is moving and drinking! I think you should only reapply the starch if it seems that ahe is still bleeding. If there doesn't seem to be new fluids coming out then you can leave it be.
All the starch came off and she wasn't moving much when I got home. Should I gorrila glue it?

AntlerAlchemist

Arachnosquire
Oh boy, that doesn't look too good. Maybe it is too moist in the container. I wish I could be more of a help :-/

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
She still isn't doing so well after I've added the glue. She's a damn good trooper, that's for sure! If she makes it her name is going to be Hercules. The only problem I can see if she does make it is that some of the glue might have touched the base of her spinnerettes. Will this cause molting or defacating problems?

Last edited:

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
It seems like from now on she shall be known as Hercules! She's doing very well, trying to escape her deli cup, but she can't walk too well right now. I'm thinking she'll make it if she can survive her next molt. I just hope I didn't glue her anus shut. If I did will she molt it out?

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
It seems like from now on she shall be known as Hercules! She's doing very well, trying to escape her deli cup, but she can't walk too well right now. I'm thinking she'll make it if she can survive her next molt. I just hope I didn't glue her anus shut. If I did will she molt it out?
Good to read she is still alive and kicking :)
I think she would have developed a problem by now if something was wrong with her anus.
Here's to hoping she'll make it through her next molt!

Arachnomaniac19

Arachnolord
Good to read she is still alive and kicking :)
I think she would have developed a problem by now if something was wrong with her anus.
Here's to hoping she'll make it through her next molt!
She hasn't eaten anything since her last molt, so I'm not sure if that's going to affect it. I just gave her half of a cricket, so we'll see how she does.

Darktiger432

Arachnopeon
Man that's sucks. reading through it like yay she made it. Then bam the bad new. Sorry to hear that.