What's up with molting.

Juniorispissed

Arachnopeon
as I sit and watch my B. Albo begin to molt I'm becoming very curious about what is actually happening inside. This is only the second time I've been able to actually see it happen. Also it's the second molt for this guy/gal since early December. Is that faster than average?

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
Also it's the second molt for this guy/gal since early December. Is that faster than average?
It all depends on the species and age of the tarantula. And I’m curious about the details of molting as well so I look forward to hearing what others have to say

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
Now I may be mistaken but 3” seems like the size for a brachypelma to slow down with molting from the speed the molt when they are slings, how much are you feeding you’re T, and by the way, if you still have the molt from the last time your T molted try uploading a picture of the inside of the abdomen toward the top and we can try and sex it for you unless you already know how to do so

Juniorispissed

Arachnopeon
Now I may be mistaken but 3” seems like the size for a brachypelma to slow down with molting from the speed the molt when they are slings, how much are you feeding you’re T, and by the way, if you still have the molt from the last time your T molted try uploading a picture of the inside of the abdomen toward the top and we can try and sex it for you unless you already know how to do so
I offer 1-2 crickets a week and there's rarely any hesitation. The last molt didn't quite show enough, though I'm still new. It looked like female but not sure yet. It is a little warmer at my shop and I notice the spiders there tend to eat more a grow a bit faster. But most are all slings and small juvies.

Mychajlo

Arachnosquire
I offer 1-2 crickets a week and there's rarely any hesitation. The last molt didn't quite show enough, though I'm still new. It looked like female but not sure yet. It is a little warmer at my shop and I notice the spiders there tend to eat more a grow a bit faster. But most are all slings and small juvies.
Exactly, the higher the temp and the more food that is available the faster they will grow, so that makes sense lol

Juniorispissed

Arachnopeon
IMG_4162.JPG Good insight all around, I learned a ton from the links and video. Thanks for the help. Here he/she is as of now. Half way and it looks good so far.