Whats the scientific name for the african bark scorpion?

Scorp510

Arachnopeon
Just curious on what the name was cause I purchased one and it said it was hottentotta sp. dont understand what it means cause I thought they were separate species

NYAN

Arachnoking
It’s Hottentotta hottentotta.

For future reference I would avoid underground reptiles. They aren’t as bad as backwaterreptiles but they are still not so good to buy from. People get dying animals, poorly packed animals, misidentified animals and so on.

Scorp510

Arachnopeon
i thought so... its hard to get a response from some of these dealers. you have any good suggestions to buy from? It would be much appreciated

NYAN

Arachnoking
i thought so... its hard to get a response from some of these dealers. you have any good suggestions to buy from? It would be much appreciated
Use the classifieds here is my advice. Everyone who sells here has a review page you can view, and in my experiences are very pleasant to buy from.

NYAN

Arachnoking
Is there anyway to can direct me to the classifieds
A couple things to add also, you can make posts in the classifieds as an active member or by purchasing classifieds access for $5. It’s easier to become an active member since you just need to make 15 contributing posts in 45 days. You do not need all of this just to view and buy though.

Also, be aware that some sellers on the classifieds are not in the United States. In the United States it is illegal to order from out of the country without proper permits, etc. A lot of people don’t know this and make the mistake of breaking the law as well as risking the animals with long transit times.

Falsielove13

Arachnosquire
I will have more CB babies in a month for $10 a piece. Lol. Please avoid underground or backwater! @ArachnoDrew has some of these available right now with excellent service! Good luck

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
For future reference I would avoid underground reptiles. They aren’t as bad as backwaterreptiles but they are still not so good to buy from. People get dying animals, poorly packed animals, misidentified animals and so on.
How 'Backwater Reptiles' are bad? I mean, 'Backwater Reptiles' sells (according to a multitude of posts I've read here, made by the American users, during years) dying animals, poorly packed animals, misidentified animals as well for aerobics DVD to chubby housewives yet they are always big, money talking.

On my book they are class A, it's not exactly easy to remain always at the top such a way... you have to push lots of efforts for mantain such a status :pompous:

SonsofArachne

Arachnoangel
Bark scorpion is to scorpions as birdeater is to tarantulas. That is, a useless common name. I've seen Hottentotta, Babycurus, Centruroides, and Tityus all referred to as bark scorpions.