What's the most underrated tarantula in the hobby?

docwade87

Arachnoknight
The only person becoming agitated is you over the fact that I don't agree with you.
Sure!

@docwade87

H.pulchripes are great, the only thing not so great is their price, considering that this species isn't exactly difficult to breed.

That's why I call H.pulchripes the rich cousin of the P.murinus :pompous:

:kiss:

I can see that! Same with GBB...prices are high but so readily available. Supply & demand/ silly inflation

Last edited by a moderator:

Mini8leggedfreak

Arachnoknight
Ami sp Columbia.
Small, brown, cheap.
Lots of people don’t want a small T and cheaper ones do usually get overlooked.

I didn’t notice how much I liked it till I rehoused it about a month ago, idk something about a slightly stout and smooth chocolate color makes me like it. It’s hard to explain.
JUST GET ONE!

docwade87

Arachnoknight
Definitely going to agree on this one. So glad I made the decision to get one this last shipment. Will def be getting more. Beautiful. Can’t wait for mine to start coloring up!

LucN

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
In my opinion, G. porteri is definitely the most underrated. They've been so common and cheap that many have and still do take them for granted. Now that Chile has closed its doors for exportation, we can only hope that we'll see more breeding efforts of the species. They may be infamous for being generally inactive and fast for long periods of time, but not all specimens act like that. Mine certainly didn't get that memo. She's always taking prey unless in premolt and has only fasted once for about 2 months. She also has shown slight burrowing tendancies and has webbed up her surroundings a fair deal. None of my other Ts have so much silk laid around in their enclosures. In the right light, the pink iridescence on the carapace is nothing short of stunning. And the fact that they are so laid-back means that we can enjoy them for longer, so I don't see that as a negative :p

Tarantula155

Arachnobaron
Rosies
B albo
LP
N chromatus

All very common and cheap, which probably leads to collectors brushing them off in search of rarer spiders. I have probably 50 different t’s, yet these spiders are all in my top ten.
Why Rosies? Are they not the most inactive species ever?

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
A Chalcodes. Relatively cheap, cool looking, mellow dispositions and easy to care for.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
if they are rare, sought after and expensive I feel they don't qualify as 'under rated'. Great pix folks