what's the dumbest thing you've done with your scorp?

Fausta

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The stupidest thing I have ever done with a scorpion was when I received a bicolor in the mail I opened the deli cup and she escaped into my gallery and scurried behind a showcase before I new what was happening. Like you all said, 'teleported'. It took me the entire day to find her, not to mention the danger of coraling her back into a jar. Getting stung the second time by my arenicola wasn't smart either. That was a TERRIBLE and PAINFUL experience that still effects me today. 100% for sure.
Kelly

Stagger-Lee

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
carpe scorpio said:
Mike, that's really cool, and all this time I never thought you could train them. We should call you the "scorpion whisperer".
i wouldnt use the word train i think its more trust and jsut beign a mellow individual. hes the only scorp ive evver been able to get to 'play dead' ive tried it wish other mellow ones but end up gettign poked (no venom) as they squirm to turn over and push you away

Stagger-Lee

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
alex said:
Do you have more handling pics?
lol check out my photoalbum in the link below, if you have a real fast connection ive got some big videos up too.
ohy heres one doign the typical "youve got me oh no ive got you!'

Attachments

Odorachnid13

Arachnopeon
My ex-husband built me three beautiful tanks for my baby C. exilicaudas out of 10 gal. glass tanks and plexiglass dividers. He, however, ran out of plexiglass, and thinking (or not) that they could not climb the glass or the plexiglass, he left one of the tanks uncovered. Well, they didn't climb the glass, but three of them did manage to climb up the tiny seam between the glass and plexiglass and got loose in the house. One of them was found, but I'm pretty sure the other two found their way outside, we never saw them again...

Zeez

Arachnopeon
About 5 years ago, we got our first scorpion. It was labeled emperor, but back then I didn't know any better. We even trusted the pet store clerk. He had us buy a 10 gallon tank, crushed walnut for substrate and 50 large crickets to throw in there with it.

We didn't mist the tank or anything. Thinking back on it, I feel really bad for that poor scorp. After it died, I didn't get another one until recently. However, this time around, I did my research and now have one AFS, 2 baby emps (possibly het sp. as well, but won't know until they're older), and a c. Vittatus. Now that I semi-know what I'm doing, the hobby is more enjoyable, and I'm addicted.

CWilson1351

Arachnobaron
Didn't buy more when the temperature was better for shipping :troll:

Honestly, I'm extremely cautious with all of mine (even the H arizonensis) so I can't really say anything stupid I've done yet. Eventually we all make mistakes though.

Jamie M

Arachnopeon
Smeringurus mesaensis
These things are crazy fast lol, this is the only dumb thing ive done i put to much sand in his enclosure and he high tailed it out so fast good thing there only a 2 on the venom scale so no worries putting your hands in the way also they just run never seen one try and sting