what's the dumbest thing you've done with your scorp?

Jada Dark

Arachnopeon
i have a question just for laughs, what's the stupidest thing you've done with your scorp? ex: putting your hand in the tank when it was trying to eat, etc.

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
haha, see the sting reports!

and I don't think my emperor is aggressive enough for me to do anything truly dumb with him.. although, I wish that those times I lifted his hide just to look at him when I didn't have to.. Wish I didn't do that :/ poor guy. Ah well, he forgives me.. hehe.

Mr. X

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
The stupidest thing i've ever done was with my first scorpion...an emp. It was in my hands and i lost the grip and he felt on a rock and died 7 days later from an internal bleeding :(

Besides that, my bare hands were a couples of times too close from my Androctonus bicolor and australis but fortunately they never got me.

xav

Fergrim

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
ooh.. that would have been horrible. I'm glad they never got you :/

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The dumbest thing I ever did with scorpions was to underestimate speed and aggression of the first old world buthids I obtained, but I quickly learned.

woijchik89

Arachnolord
Old Timer
One time I took my emp to a freinds house, and left the cage door open. He escaped and got lost. Luckily we found him under my freinds bed. It scared the crap outta me!

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
I've been a bit too close to my A.bicolor a few times when they have "teleported" across their enclosures. That being said, I don't think I was ever in any real danger -- just cutting my margin for error down from a foot to a few inches. The actual stupidest thing I have ever done is handleing a C.exilicauda. No harm done, though.

Cheers,
Dave

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
skinheaddave said:
I've been a bit too close to my A.bicolor a few times when they have "teleported" across their enclosures. That being said, I don't think I was ever in any real danger -- just cutting my margin for error down from a foot to a few inches. The actual stupidest thing I have ever done is handleing a C.exilicauda. No harm done, though.

Cheers,
Dave
"Teleported" is very acurate way to describe it, those have to be THE fastest scorpions that I have ever kept.

Jada Dark

Arachnopeon
hey

skinheaddave said:

Cheers,
Dave
how dangerous are those scorps? i've seen a few pictures and i want some because they look cool. do you know where i would get one?

Mr. X

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
They are crazy and like they all said....extremely fast....like you barely can see them coming.

xav

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I'm not sure that they really move by means of normal locomotion, but rather "think" themselves to where they want to be.lol

Wolvie56X

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
A. Bicolor, mines just under 2", is the fastest scorp ive dealt with and when he means teleport, its damn well close to just that, definately a look but dont touch species, seeing how its one of the top 5 most dangerous scorps out there

and the dumbest thing i ever done was almost get stung by my big A. Australis, its stinger went right up my finger nail and didnt hit the skin, but left a couple drops of venom on my finger nail just to let me know whos boss

Wolvie

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wolvie56X said:
A. Bicolor, mines just under 2", is the fastest scorp ive dealt with and when he means teleport, its damn well close to just that, definately a look but dont touch species, seeing how its one of the top 5 most dangerous scorps out there

and the dumbest thing i ever done was almost get stung by my big A. Australis, its stinger went right up my finger nail and didnt hit the skin, but left a couple drops of venom on my finger nail just to let me know whos boss

Wolvie
That would have been enough for me to "put my affairs in order". Holy ****!.

alex

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
In the beginning, I had my emp on sand. That's the only stupid thing I have done, so far...

Stagger-Lee

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
the dumbest thing hhmmmmm :?
ahh the time i placed a big A.australias in the palm of my hand and let go of its tail thats the #1 dumbest thing ive done with scorpions. it proceded to launch itsself off my hand on to the floor and ran under the table where i followed and used my hand to coral it so my partner coudl grab it, in doing so i managed to get pricked when the scorpion clubbed me (ie; pushed away by its tail) i spent the rest of the day stareing at my hand and kept thinking ok this effect shoudl be hitting and that effect :eek:
#2 woudl prolly be forgettign i had a large male Hadogenes in my shirt pocket and left home to pick up my wife. while speedign down the freeway i decided to have a smoke so i reached in my shirt pocket where the Hadogones ltched onto my finger and didnt want to let go man that HURT he left me bleedign and bruised by the tiem he let go.
#3 is a toss up so...

Highlander

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Wow Mike-Troll- you shure are a hands on guy when it comes to scorps.I think thats pretty cool though as long as the scorps don't get too stressed out.

Stagger-Lee

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Highlander said:
Wow Mike-Troll- you shure are a hands on guy when it comes to scorps.I think thats pretty cool though as long as the scorps don't get too stressed out.
ive been lucky enough to find a few individuals who were so layed back i coudl do anything to them, stress of the animal is allways considered specially if i plan on workign with them alot but suprisingly they will usually adapt well to a regular stimuli. ive had Pinchy for years he will let me dress him up, stick accsories to him, hold things i place in his claws and hold a pose like a true modle, here he is playing dead

Attachments

carpe scorpio

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Mike, that's really cool, and all this time I never thought you could train them. We should call you the "scorpion whisperer".