what's the difference?

Andrew

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was talking to this guy and he wants to sell me a captive breed a.australis for fifty canadian dollers because it captive breed and dont know the difference so maybe one of you people do.
Thanks
Andrew

scorpio

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
You can definitely get it cheaper. I dont know where, but try the review section. 30 dealers or so there.

XOskeletonRED

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
The seller is reversed. The majority of the time, captive bred are cheaper than wild caught because there are no import/export fees to pay. If the captive bred are very rare, they can be almost as much as a wild caught specimen, but that is rather unlikey in most situations. I could see a descent payment amount if the scorpion was rare, but A. australis is one of the most common in the trade for being captive bred or wild caught. Take P. leiosoma for example. The cheapest price I was able to locate on them while being wild caught was $20 USD (ea. and they were young scorps [approx 1 inch]), while the cheapest price I could locate for captive bred was $4 USD (ea. and they were listed as adults). I purchased twenty of them, and yes, they were all measuring at least 2.75 inches. A great deal, nonetheless, but this just simply shows me, they are existant in the trade for good prices. Just look around.

adios,
edw. =D