What's the cutest thing about tarantulas?

Octagon

Arachnoperson
Mine just throw massive rave parties and have cricket dogfighting matches. They keep me up all night.
Wow, you must be exhausted. Ours are active at night too, racking up giant cricket orders on our credit cards. We tried getting them their own (low-limit) cards but they don't seem to be satisfied unless they're using ours on the sly!

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
Wow, you must be exhausted. Ours are active at night too, racking up giant cricket orders on our credit cards. We tried getting them their own (low-limit) cards but they don't seem to be satisfied unless they're using ours on the sly!
You have it lucky! I found mine prank calling people.

hennibbale

Arachnosquire
Didn't read them all, so it may have been said already;

When they threat pose food.
Like... mate, how'd you do in the wild?

BC1579

Arachnobaron
My stirmi doing a bit of grooming.

My daughter loves it because she's enamored with cats.

Then it's got a more sinister side, as every so often you can see her fang overlaid across one of the the pedipalps. She's got some big mouth-daggers.

Swoop

Arachnosquire
My G. pulchra trips all over itself feeding. I gave it a gravid dubia one time to see if it could take it. It couldn't get its legs on the sub with the dubia under it (my pulchra is maybe 3") so it rolled on its side and ate it that way.

This morning it rolled on its side to eat a dubia the size of a nickel so I guess it's fun for him/her :)

Last edited:

Moakmeister

Arachnodemon
My G. pulchra trips all over itself feeding. I gave it a gravid dubia one time to see if it could take it. It couldn't get it's legs on the sub with the dubia under it so it rolled on its side and ate it that way.

This morning it rolled on its side to eat a dubia the size of a nickel so I guess it's fun for him/her :)
What kind of sadist are you that you don't post pictures of that :rofl:

grumpycow3

Arachnosquire
I love when every time i open its enclosure to feed my g pulchripes sling puts its abdomen in the air and stands on its tippy toes

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
When you open their enclosure for maintenance or feeding, and they panic so much that they forget where their burrow is and run all over the enclosure indecisively trying to figure out where to go.

When they attack the water as you're pouring it into their bowl.

The way they slowly creep up on their prey as if they're big fierce lions, when they're hardly the size of one's paw

Tulip28

Arachnopeon
I don't know if it's just me, but I think the chelicerae look like a giant, fluffy mustache. Paired with the tiny eyes reflecting in the light, it looks as though the tarantula's "mustache" is too big for its "face."

Swoop

Arachnosquire
What kind of sadist are you that you don't post pictures of that :rofl:
Pretty sure feeding videos are just cricket snuff films lol.

I'll hold off for a week or so so it's hungry and try to get a video next time.

Juniorispissed

Arachnopeon
When you open their enclosure for maintenance or feeding, and they panic so much that they forget where their burrow is and run all over the enclosure indecisively trying to figure out where to go.

When they attack the water as you're pouring it into their bowl.

The way they slowly creep up on their prey as if they're big fierce lions, when they're hardly the size of one's paw
Yes!... attack the water and then go hide in shame when you realize what you've done. My OBT fo sho.

BoyFromLA

Spoon feeder
Arachnosupporter +
Who wouldn’t love a pet rock?! It rocks!

645703FC-BCEF-442F-A27E-FB02ADC77B06.jpeg

Last edited:

PidderPeets

Arachnoprince
Arachnosupporter +
Yes!... attack the water and then go hide in shame when you realize what you've done. My OBT fo sho.
My Nhandu chromatus full on tackles the water, swats at it once he starts getting bombarded with water droplets, retreats as soon as he realizes he's been bested, and then hides in defeat in his burrow for the next few hours. He has such an attitude at first, but he's such a big baby in the end. :rofl:

Dennis Nedry

Arachnodemon
My Selenotypus sling had this stick that he absolutely loved. He'd keep it in one spot and if you moved it he'd get super offended and angry and place back in that exact spot

When slings get all fat and sassy, looking like clumsy walking potatoes. I call those ones spudleys. I also like the little tap walks they do when their exploring on a comfy piece of drift wood.