What's the cutest thing about tarantulas?

mistertim

Arachnobaron
Nice one. Yes, I've seen that too. My B smithi went right into excavating mode.

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
One of our Pulchras threw a tantrum when I had to remove it's water bowl to clean. Clung on to it, ignored a cricket to keep a hold of it and even chased the bowl over her log as I removed it. Hilarious.
My Aphonopelma sp. Amistad hates when I move her water bowl to clean it, she slaps it with her front legs while I'm taking it out and when I'm putting it back in.

8Legs8Eyes

Arachnosquire
Love everyone's responses. Tarantulas are ridiculously cute in general, but I especially love when they are grooming, especially when they get all contorted with one of their back legs between their fangs.

Radium

Outlaw Valkyrie
Love everyone's responses. Tarantulas are ridiculously cute in general, but I especially love when they are grooming, especially when they get all contorted with one of their back legs between their fangs.
Tarantula yoga!

Sent from my SCH-S968C using Tapatalk

Radium

Outlaw Valkyrie
I just randomly caught my Euathlus sp. red drinking, with her adorable pedipalps and first feet resting in the water. OMG so cute.

Radium

Outlaw Valkyrie
Also, brooding females are adorable 900% of the time.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
So my B. smithi has apparently learned that the sound of her enclosure opening = dinner bell. So now most of the time when I open it up she comes out of her hide and just sorta sits there expectantly. Pretty funny.

Radium

Outlaw Valkyrie
So my B. smithi has apparently learned that the sound of her enclosure opening = dinner bell. So now most of the time when I open it up she comes out of her hide and just sorta sits there expectantly. Pretty funny.
My A. geroldi sling does this too. So adorable.

guywithaspider

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I thought the cutest thing was when i grabbed my G. Porteri water dish to refill and she grabbed it and was trying to take it back from me. Also when any of my T's decorate their enclosure

Kymura

Arachnoknight
I have to admit that the longer I keep them the more I love everything about them,
I have two P cambridgei slings, (amongst others) and one of them is a little monster,
threat poses every time i open the enclosure,
something about a nickle size sling taking on what must be a monstrous size creature to them, just gets me every time.

Rogerpoco

Arachnopeon
Simply the coloration/appearance of tiny versicolors makes them the only T my Wife will call cute.

I mentioned somewhere what seemed to me to be standard behavior,observing 4 T. gigas. They shoot to their safe spot faster than you can see at almost any disturbance. Then a few moments later,crawl out slowly and cantankerously(not aggressive),like"WTF is going on?". Skittish AND Nosy.

T. ockertis,from what I *think* I saw somewhere,live on strawberry plants in the wild,stick their little buts straight up,pretend to be strawberries. Seriously? Ya-they absolutely do that. Dunno if is made up story to match the behavior,but they really do look like they are trying to be a strawberry.

Didn't really answer yur question tho. Those are all cute individual things,but as far as something relatively common in them...
It's the tapping.
Had heard about it,buddy showed me a vid of one of his doing it,but just now experiencing it myself,first breeding going on. Is a"I'm REALLY horny" thing,I think?
Just amazing,tap,tap,tap.

Pociemon

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Without a doubt it is a fuzzy avic walking on a table and as a close 2. it is working with slings.....

kylr647

Arachnopeon
My B. albopilosum sling will hide his/her head under the dirt with just their butt sticking in the air:embarrassed:

Kailee

Arachnopeon
That adorable stretchy, leisurely walk they do when they're strolling about their enclosures.

And also pretty much everything else they do. Once while I was observing my GBB it casually turned around and pooped in my general direction; even that made me go, "Dawwwwww! Who hates mommie's guts? You do! Oh yes you do!"
Lmfao rofl !!!!!

Toxoderidae

Arachnoprince
When I open my OBT's tank to feed him and he just lazily sticks his feet out of his burrow! I'm pretty sure he thinks he's a NW terrestrial. It's like a little glove just kinda walking out, finger by finger.

Radium

Outlaw Valkyrie
When I open my OBT's tank to feed him and he just lazily sticks his feet out of his burrow! I'm pretty sure he thinks he's a NW terrestrial. It's like a little glove just kinda walking out, finger by finger.
Oh my gosh yes; evil little tarantula feeties sticking out of burrows are the best. I love how dusky OBT feet are, too.

mistertim

Arachnobaron
Its adorable when they hear you on the phone talking about how much you hate a co-worker and then they break out that night, go to the person's house, and eat them then come home. I love it when mine do that.