1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's in that hole?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by petkokc, Apr 19, 2017.

1. petkokc

petkokc Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    This is some curiously looking hole, what could be hiding inside?

[​IMG]

I really don't know, if there was only a way to peak inside!

[​IMG]

What if I told you there is a way!

[​IMG]

Tadaaaaaaa:

[​IMG]

I hope this gives you some ideas :D

• Like Like x 22
    • Love Love x 4
  2. Shudragon

Shudragon Arachnopeon

Just watched your vid on how to build this one the other night. Good stuff my man. My metallica is only about 1.5 inches but I'll have to make one for when it grows up.

Girlfriend wondered if using hardening clay to make a trunk/details would work like the foam? Just her idea. Keep it up.

3. petkokc

petkokc Arachnosquire

@Shudragon Thanks! I didn't really try with it so can't really tell. Try it and you will see :p

4. Shudragon

Shudragon Arachnopeon

I feel like I'll have to do it for my B. albopilosum, she is around 4 inches after her recent molt and still hiding behind her dirt curtain :confused:

I feel like the magnet idea could apply to many enclosures! Seriously good idea there.

Also gushing because my girlfriend loves your videos.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ledzeppelin

ledzeppelin Arachnobaron Active Member

Clay would work but it would be heavier then :p

6. petkokc

petkokc Arachnosquire

@Shudragon Say hello to her then :D
    But yeah, as @ledzeppelin pointed, foam and styrofoam are used mostly because they are super light. I used to do my enclosures with dirt that would harden when dried, almost like a clay, but it really made the enclosures heavy. Not an issue if you have one or two enclosures, but if you start stacking them on the shelf it can become a problem.

7. louise f

louise f Arachnoangel Arachnosupporter

Damn friend you`re always full of surprices. Love it. :)

8. petkokc

petkokc Arachnosquire

• Love Love x 1
  9. Leila

Leila Arachnobaron Active Member

10. jaycied

jaycied Arachnopeon

Idaho
    I've been following your channel for quite awhile now, and I love it! I recently started my own (Annitya's Arachnids, not a self promotion, you just may recognize a couple of comments on your videos) because of you. Thank you! I love how creative and excited you always are.

• Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  11. Jeff23

Jeff23 Arachnolord Arachnosupporter

That is a very professional job on the privacy cover. I love it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Jerry

Jerry Arachnobaron Active Member

Here's a link to the video check out his channel there all worth watching great job man love your videos

• Like Like x 2
  13. Trenor

Trenor Arachnoprince Active Member

NC
    Neat idea.

• Like Like x 1
  14. KaptinKrunch

KaptinKrunch Arachnopeon

London
    Wow! The enclosure and the T are stunning. Love what you did here.

• Like Like x 1
  15. petkokc

petkokc Arachnosquire

@Leila Jerry was faster then me, but tomorrow I'll upload actual transfer video so that will be fun ^^

• Love Love x 1
  16. Rachel C

Rachel C Arachnopeon Arachnosupporter

The best thing about this idea is that you can adapt it to tanks/enclosures that you already have. I'm not super glass savvy but I will definitely install magnetic hides on any arboreals that I get in the future.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. petkokc

petkokc Arachnosquire

Ye but only the "viewing part" of it...this enclosure can also be opened so you can take the molt or egg sack from the hide ^^

18. Rachel C

Rachel C Arachnopeon Arachnosupporter

very true. I don't plan on venturing into the breeding aspect so that part would be limited to clean and rehousing for me but also extremely useful