whats best food for dubia roach?

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
Old thread but current members can respond.

All I have for fruit for the dubia is watermelon.... Can they eat that?

basin79

ArachnoGod
I feed peas, broad beans, sweetcorn and carrot (frozen) and fresh oranges and apples. I also give cereal and complete dog biscuits.

Hisserdude

Arachnoking
Thanks I just got 5 adult pairs, medium ones, small and extra small

In Arizona heat they'll breed easily enough right?
Nice, hope they do well for you! :)

Yup, should be hot enough for them there, if all goes well you should have a ton of them in no time.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
I feed mine premium dog kibble, not ground up. I have a dog so I use his and toss in the dry kibble. I try to not go more than a day or so without a left over fruit and/or veggie. My dubia culture has been going since 2007, granted I have had a couple times I added some new genes to the pool though.

exotictails

Arachnopeon
How often do you guys clean your colony's? And if you do how? Looking for tips problems with dam fruit flys. And there is no decaying fruit or veggies.....

basin79

ArachnoGod
How often do you guys clean your colony's? And if you do how? Looking for tips problems with dam fruit flys. And there is no decaying fruit or veggies.....
I haven't fully cleaned mine out for quite a while now. Although I do clean the food side out when it's needed. I keep all my live food together in a big tub. Roaches, crickets and morio worms/beetles. I've also got a healthy stock of those dermisid (or whatever the hell they're called) beetles and larve running about. A few months ago I had an outbreak of mites so threw a load of predatory mites in. They did the job.

DeanS

Arachnopeon
Those that use dog food or other high protein 'kibble'...do you clean more often due to high uric activity. I'm basically feeding apples, carrots and ground kibble (dusted in the same manner as calcium). Are oranges necessary? Or is the apple/carrot combo good enough? I'm running a colony of about 1000...with no deaths since its inception...except for those fed out.