Whats a large scorpion that likes a dry climate?

Ran

Arachnoknight
For scorps that are not “hot” I would recommend H. arizonises, and Opistophthalmus glabifrons.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah or a Hadogenes sps. H. arizonensis are one of my favs, I would be paying up big $ for them if I lived in another country they aren't native to. The Pandinus from East Africa kind of like it on the dry side.

Venomgland

Arachnosquire
I like the Opistophthalmus glabifron, but its common name has burrowing in it. Is there one that will be more out in the open?

Venomgland

Arachnosquire
I'm not to worried about "hot" either. I keep copperheads and pygmy rattlesnakes. I understand the risks.

RTTB

Arachnoprince
Smeringerus vachoni and Smeringerus vachoni immanis can get good size. Same with S mesaensis.
Big buthids I would differ to the experts here on AB .

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
I say, if you want an impressive scorp, get a Hadogenes species. They may not be the girthiest, but Hadogenes troglodytes is the longest scorpion species out there. Given, they don't eat much, but mine are out fairly often. They are just impressive. I also love H. arizonensis, those two are probably the biggest "dry climate" scorps. I believe P. tranvaalicus gets pretty big as a buthid, but even that is pretty small.

TheScorpionMan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I say, if you want an impressive scorp, get a Hadogenes species. They may not be the girthiest, but Hadogenes troglodytes is the longest scorpion species out there. Given, they don't eat much, but mine are out fairly often. They are just impressive. I also love H. arizonensis, those two are probably the biggest "dry climate" scorps. I believe P. tranvaalicus gets pretty big as a buthid, but even that is pretty small.
P. Villosus gets pretty big too.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +