Whats a good diet for Dubia?

CoSpiderGuy

Arachnopeon
As of now I use apples diced up, and I tried some high protien dog food ground up but they don't seam to eat it. They gobble the apples up though. What do you guys feed yours? Thanks.

8leglock

Arachnopeon
I feed mine orange, apple, carrots and lettuce ( not the shredded kind). Once and awhile I drop some dog food but as u stated they ignore it.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
i feed mine dog food and goldfish flakes...as you guys said they pretty much ignore the dogfood....although my discoids and lateralis go nuts for it...

1hughjazzspider

Arachnoknight
I feed mine roach chow that I buy from theroachguy which they seem to go for for the most part and water crystals to hydrate them. Any of the fruits and vegetables listed above will work too.

scuba113

Arachnosquire
Mine eat the dog food fine i also give them cheerios to iam sure many people will not say its good but they eat everything up.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
organic chicken feed...that makes me think..i wonder if laying mash, or chick starter would be taken to well....chick especially duckling and gosling starter are super high protien...
Organic chicken feed and the occasional orange.

TVR22

Arachnopeon
I use a high protein dry cat food, water crystals and once a week some fruit.

Slevin

Arachnosquire
organic chicken feed...that makes me think..i wonder if laying mash, or chick starter would be taken to well....chick especially duckling and gosling starter are super high protien...
Couldn't hurt to try. The mash/chicken starter would be much easier for them to consume. My chicken feed is ground up pretty well so even the babies are able to eat. I get a buttertub full of it for free from my friend's mom. It seriously works perfect for gutloading my roaches and the tub lasts about a year on a 300 count colony of dubia. Very healthy stuff and my T's show the results.

CoSpiderGuy

Arachnopeon
Nice, I have water crystals in there all the time and fruit every couple days, I'll have to try something other than dog food for protein because mine don't give it a lick of attention. I even ground it up with a coffe grinder.

Ran

Arachnoknight
My colony prefers thawed french cut green beans (bulk), petite peas, and fruit like bananas, apples, and any leftover veggies and fruits.

catfishrod69

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
yeah i think i will give it a try...i can get like small 10 pound bags at my local feed store....thanks
Couldn't hurt to try. The mash/chicken starter would be much easier for them to consume. My chicken feed is ground up pretty well so even the babies are able to eat. I get a buttertub full of it for free from my friend's mom. It seriously works perfect for gutloading my roaches and the tub lasts about a year on a 300 count colony of dubia. Very healthy stuff and my T's show the results.