What wrong?

Scorpion Lover

Arachnopeon
My Emperor scorpling has not eaten a cricket since 8 days ago? He is unactive, and rarely moves, please help me? what should i do? is there a moult coming up? Thanks,

David

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Originally posted by Scorpion Lover
My Emperor scorpling has not eaten a cricket since 8 days ago? He is unactive, and rarely moves, please help me? what should i do? is there a moult coming up? Thanks,

David
David,
Although I'm not a member of the "Scorpion Triad"..*g* I'll try to help until they check in..What's your humidity like? The heat? Also, how old is your scorp?
Peace,
Gillian

Kugellager

ArachnoJester of the Ancient Ones
Arachnosupporter
LOL Gillian!

Given that you have a 1" scorpion there is the possibility that it is nearing a molt. Is it pretty fat? If it is it might be another sign that it is about to molt. Babies generally seem to have an unending appetite otherwise.

I assume you keep your emp in the same area as James' spiders are? The reason I asked is that temperature, as Gillian asked, is always a potential factor in invertebrates not eating. Are the crickets you are feeding it too big? Crickets of 1/3-1/2 inch are probably the largest it will be able to catch and eat for a baby the size you described in another thread. Humidity is always very inmportant with young scorpions, especially a jungle species like Emperors. Humidity should be very high for them.

Lastly, remember that scorpions can go awhile with out eating. I wouldn't worry too much yet. I would keep an eye out for it molting but still offer it food.

John
];')

Scorpion Lover

Arachnopeon
Hey

Yes i keep them next to my bros Ts and the temp is 73-75, the humidity is 82%, thanks for the info Kugellager!:D

David

skinheaddave

SkorpionSkin
Arachnosupporter +
David,

You might want to raise the temperatures about 10 degrees.

How do you keep the humidity up? Is it always 82%, or only after mistings?

Cheers,
Dave

Mad Scientist

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
You might want to raise the temperatures about 10 degrees.
*agrees*, from what I've read desert and forest sp. usually require a temperature, of 80-95 degrees F. To eat, digest, grow normally and be more active. The temp you said they're at, is often considered as "normal room temperature". Which usually only works for species of a temperate region. Not for forest species... from what I get from the sites I frequent and books I've read it's usually in the scorpions best interest to simulate the environment they've adapted to.

Last edited: