What would you rather?

jrmrbcax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My brother and me are fighting about B. Smithi's and GBB's. He says that people would rather a 5" female Smithi rather then a 5" GBB. He is also saying that Smithi's are more expensive when they are that big. LMAO! Okay. Tell me what you would rather. 5" Smithi or a 5" GBB. Discuss.

julesaussies

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
If I were to give up my entire collection and only keep one - it would be my bigger B smithi girl hands down without even thinking about it. If you look at my profile you'll see I have a few, including the two in question.

Why? She's just an awesome specimen of a species that I believe is THE CLASSIC of all T's. Monetary value has nothing to do with which I like better. Those things change and you can always come across a good deal. It doesn't matter what they're worth because they're not for sale.

I really enjoy my GBB. She's beautiful, a great eater, an awesome webber, etc. However, my B smithi girl is all that (minus the webbing) and more. She's a smithi - enough said!! :cool:

cheetah13mo

Arachnoking
Old Timer
If I had to make a choice, I would chose B. smithi as well for the same reasons already said. I've got three females and all three get more attention from other people than the rest of my 120 count, plus, collection. I play a big roll in that though. ;)

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have two female B. smithi...the bigger one (about 4") was the third T that I ever bought. She's never going anywhere.

I sold my GBB a week or so ago.

I think that adult females of both species are worth a fair amount, don't know which is worth more, but I'd be more apt to buy a B. smithi.

Lucara

Arachnolord
Old Timer
I would go with B. smithi, hands down. I also think smithi females at that size are more than GBB but dont quote me on that.

equuskat

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I know that B. smithi grows a lot slower than C. cyaneopubescens, so I suppose a full grown female would be worth a bit more. Neither one is "cheap" as an adult though. :)

xchondrox

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'd go with a big GBB, my two big girls dont flick at all unlike some of the psycho smithi ive had.

Crazy0monkey

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
i love them both . GBB will cost alot that size but so willa red knee. they are both beautiful and i wouldent take any over the other. Maybe the smithi thoe as u can always see it and handle it easily xD. also the mateing it alot smoother for smithis xD

Rochelle

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm still confounded by the owners who can handle their B.smithis...;P
We have 7 of them, of all different sizes - from 6" Females to 1.5" US...
They are ALL psycho, hair flicking beasties!
We'd love to handle ours; but prefer to not itch worse than poison ivy....lmao!

Having said all that ~ I'd still choose the B.smithi over the GBB; because we can actually SEE the B.smithis whenever we want to...no webbing to hide them. ;)
Though, this in no way devalues the GBB; for which I'd cut off a toe to own....lolol {D
My vote is to own them both!

bluefrogtat2

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
agree

i agree with all said,and would also take the smithi.
but also love gbb's they just web too much
(but brachys are easily my favorite t)
andy