What would you get?

Ceymann

Arachnoknight
Good luck finding either gender on the T cyaneolum, not that plentiful at all.

I forget if GBB is harder to breed or not, but they hold their value well, and aren't around enough IMO. I'd go w/GBB, plus they grow fast.

E sp Yellow
E sp Red
B albiceps- Rare
B emilia - infrequent
B klaasi- Extremely Rare
G iheringi - there's even a free paper on this species- males and females are fast growing, very different in disposition, morphology and size compared to their cousins of the same genus. I love mine.

Avics

1. A. minatrix - out there, but not frequently enough at all!
2. A purp- same as minatrix
Not to thread jack, but I am considering at attempting a Avic breeding attempt in the near future, are certain species of the genus easier than others ? granted I would much rather do a A. veriscolor breed vs a A. avic breed, wasn't sure if one species was trickier than others?

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Not to thread jack, but I am considering at attempting a Avic breeding attempt in the near future, are certain species of the genus easier than others ? granted I would much rather do a A. veriscolor breed vs a A. avic breed, wasn't sure if one species was trickier than others?
I haven't heard any species or locality is different than another to breed. @CEC what say you on this one?

8Legs8Eyes

Arachnosquire
Of course take the advice in this thread - impact in terms of number of slings/interest in the hobby (basic supply & demand stuff). Of course species that are less likely to munch the males or be picky on conditions are also a plus, but breed what you LIKE. If you feel strongly for the species you are trying to tackle, the more rewarding it will be regardless if you succeed or fail. Just my two cents.

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Good luck finding either gender on the T cyaneolum, not that plentiful at all.

I forget if GBB is harder to breed or not, but they hold their value well, and aren't around enough IMO. I'd go w/GBB, plus they grow fast.

E sp Yellow
E sp Red
B albiceps- Rare
B emilia - infrequent
B klaasi- Extremely Rare
G iheringi - there's even a free paper on this species- males and females are fast growing, very different in disposition, morphology and size compared to their cousins of the same genus. I love mine.

Avics

1. A. minatrix - out there, but not frequently enough at all!
2. A purp- same as minatrix
More great info! Along with everyone else! Thank you all very much. I definitely think I'm going to select something that will help the captive population and hopefully start to lower prices of said sling over all. If I can find an MM and MF Euathlus sp red or yellow, that's number one on the list, I want to see them at about 15-20 for a 1/2" sling, it would be great for the hobby. Want to select one more species to get a pair of. Then a couple females and slings of other species for future projects like @cold blood said. :)

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Well the shopping spree is getting closer (about 3 weeks or so off still) but I'm so excited I've been researching, I wanted to give you guys a small list of what I would be looking at for my first breeding projects... I've seen some conflicting info on some of them, so figured I'd get the experts opinions.

B. Smithi
A. Purpurea/ minatrix
N. Chromatus/ A. Geniculata
A. Seemani/ A. Chalcodes

Obviously I'm not going to get all of them to start, but I'd like to pickup 2 or 3 sets at least, or I'll get mature females of most grab some sub adult males. But what do you guys think? Taking in ability to sell and ease of rearing small slings, gestation period, all that. (I know smithi can have 500 eggs, I'm ok around that number but getting to 1000+ is too much unless a bunch of you want free spiders lol)

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Well the shopping spree is getting closer (about 3 weeks or so off still) but I'm so excited I've been researching, I wanted to give you guys a small list of what I would be looking at for my first breeding projects... I've seen some conflicting info on some of them, so figured I'd get the experts opinions.

B. Smithi
A. Purpurea/ minatrix
A. Seemani/ A. Chalcodes

Obviously I'm not going to get all of them to start, but I'd like to pickup 2 or 3 sets at least, or I'll get mature females of most grab some sub adult males. But what do you guys think? Taking in ability to sell and ease of rearing small slings, gestation period, all that. (I know smithi can have 500 eggs, I'm ok around that number but getting to 1000+ is too much unless a bunch of you want free spiders lol)
Don't know your locality, you'll be hard pressed to find pairs for both species of Avics at the same show generally, even smithi, as common as it is, I rarely see AFs, more likely juvi females, same for Avics, rare to see females period, unless they are A. avic. at the shows I've been to across the country. Good hunting!

cold blood

Staff member

B. Smithi
A. Purpurea/ minatrix
A. Seemani/ A. Chalcodes

B. smithi is notoriously difficult to breed, a poor choice for a first timers IMO.

Purpurea tend to be more sensitive than most other avics, I wouldn't go that route either, personally...versicolor would be a great choice, but if you breed minitrix, I'd definitely want some...and I wouldn't be alone.

Genics would be another good choice, they're popular enough that selling them would be a piece of cake.

Psalmopeus victorii
I think this is the t that I desire the most....man, I can't wait till they're readily available.

Last edited:

magicmed

Arachnobaron
Psalmopeus victorii
Wow! That's gorgeous! Even if I never get the chance to breed that, I want one!

@cold blood hopefully I have a knack for it! I'll try to make the minatrix one of My firsts if I can find them. You know you'll be getting some of them! Thanks for the continued invaluable info! @viper69 and everyone else as well thanks for the help :)

So then it's looking like minatrix if I can find them, and the geniculata are the front runners so far then? I didn't realize smithi were so difficult, I'll reevaluate that for a later project :)

How about the chromatus? Did I miss a tough factor with them too?

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
A. minatrix sacs only have 30-40 eggs on average - just for the record. It's the reason they're pretty expensive over the pond there from what I saw.

Dovey

Arachnobaron
A. diversipes and A. geroldi would be my choices. Quick growing and relatively rare compared to some more common Avics. Also, absolutely CHARMING slings!