What would you do?

Socrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
protheus said:
A lot of people decide to enter relationships with somebody who's not well matched to them at all. I'm a lucky one in this respect. My wife and I both love animals, so pets are no problem. Of course, she's more of a pushover than I am, and so ends up doing things like adopting multiple adult iguanas on the spur of the moment. (Eek! :) )

She's also one to jump right into things, and now has more arachnids (by an order of magnitude) than I.

Chris
.....Chris....what you said was a "nice reminder". When I met MY husband, even though he claimed to have been an animal lover, he really never had any animals growing up - unlike me.

So when the time was right (...sounding like a fairy tale here), and I decided to get a "dog", I received somewhat of an attitude. But to make an extremely long and boring story short, here I am, nearly 20 years later with 2 HUGE dogs, 2 parrots and 3 Ts....and there were animals in between as well.

"They make me happy, they're rather maintenance free, and cheap to keep" <-- those are my newest arguments, and WHO could say "NO" to that? {D

DnKslr

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My guy KNOWS not to ever try to get me to give up on my animals! Actually, even if he doesn't like them he'll help me out if I ask and even get me another T as a present for a special occasion.
My hubby knows this as well. We have our problems but he won't ask me to give up my pets. I tried to do that once and I was a real mess so he says now I can what ever I want as long I'm able to care for it. He does help me on occasion if I'm sick or busy with other projects but as far as actually getting me ANYTHING alive for a pet?~ NO WAY! Our agreement is, I have what I want as long as it's not too messy, smelly, or eats furniture and he doesn't complain. It works out because his main concern is to keep the house neat and clean, Ts are the perfect pet for that! Most people dont even notice I have pets when they first come in. At least I've never had to make a the choice of choosing him or my pets because I think he already knows the answer to that one...

T_DORKUS

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
cricket54 said:
I agree with you guys. I've been married 32 yrs though and if my husband decided I had to choose between him and the spiders it would be a hard choice. He has been real good about it though, even bought me several including my first P. regalis which was a real surprise. But, the way I see it, I've been understanding all these years while he was in the Navy for yrs and gone a lot, then through his different interests including learning how to go hunt with him in the cold and stuff, he can humor me now. I even learned how to go target shooting with him with a black poser rifle he bought me (and have done well) then encouraged him to take me and the kids Primitive Camping and Buckskinning, so maybe that why he has been so understanding. He even enjoys going to reptile shows with me which surprised me.

Sharon
Sharon, you're one of a kind! :D
Next time my gf tells me I'll never find a woman that likes to do all the things I do, I'll point her to your post! {D

Mikey_G.Rosea

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Yeah i don't get it either, of coarse it's summer time and my brain is shut off. :D

Wolfchan

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Smart man! I'd never ask my boyfriend to give up a pet for me, and I wouldn't tolerate being asked to give up any of mine. (Actually, I WAS with a guy who disliked my dogs for a long time....silly me. I'm SO much happier now!)