1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you do with a large container?

Discussion in 'Not So Spineless Wonders' started by cantthinkofone, May 14, 2012.

1. cantthinkofone

cantthinkofone Arachnodemon

Akron
    Advertisement
    I had awesome luck at my Walmart today. I found a VERY large styrilite container for only $8. I have like 4 types of bedding, plenty of dishes, and enough hides to fill the thing. I drilled holes in the lid and above the top of the container. they are perfect sized for anything. what should I get. My ideas are... Assassin bug colony,ball python, cockroaches, or maybe some other kinds of snakes. what would you do?

2. Valto

Valto Arachnopeon

T blondie colony! lol

3. Leora22

Leora22 Arachnosquire

Whats the exact size of the container? Like length, height, width.

4. skar

skar Arachnobaron

AZ
    Something alive !! ha . Post a pic with something for size reference . Sounds like you want a snake to me, I suggest a king snake for now dot dot dot.
    Umm assuming you're referring to a large bin type container that usually are used to house roaches; personally I would go for Acanthoscurria brocklhursti, or leopard geckos .

5. cantthinkofone

Akron
    Photo on 2012-05-14 at 21.16.jpg
    Le container compared to purell bottle thingy. its not the biggest container. it is big enough for like a snake or a assassin bug colony i think though. the tank on the right is my corn snakes :p

6. Furret

Furret Arachnosquire

Hognose snake!

7. Leora22

Leora22 Arachnosquire

Thats what I was going to suggest lol
    Western Hognose
    Corn Snake
    Sand Boa
    Giant African Millipede Breeding Pair
    Garter Snake

Good Luck :)

8. cantthinkofone

Akron
    I already have a baby corn and dont want another one unless for breeding. maybe a hog nose or a sand boa though. HMMMMMMMM..... decisions decisions

9. lizardminion

lizardminion Arachnolord

I'd put a rosy boa in that.

• Like Like x 1
  10. pouchedrat

pouchedrat Arachnolord

MD
    I love my hogs.. and garters are great as well. I'd go with assassin bug colony or roaches, lol.

11. cantthinkofone

Akron
    does anybody know anything about gaboon vipers? i have wanted one for awhile now and was wondering if this cage was good for like a younger gaboon viper

12. Robotponys

Robotponys Arachnoknight

NY
    I think a sand boa, ball python, or rosy boa would be great.

13. Shrike

Shrike Arachnoprince Old Timer

Have you owned any snakes previously, let alone a venomous species? Honest question. If you've never kept a snake before, a Gaboon viper would be a very bad first choice.

You have many great options to choose from. In addition to the species others have suggested, I'll throw out African house snakes. They're very hardy and are prolific breeders, if that interests you.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Masurai

Masurai Arachnobaron

Assassin bug colony all the way

15. Kruggar

Kruggar Arachnobaron

Emperor scorpion, a B. Jacksoni colony, or Desert Hairys. Could combine Isopods and Praying Mantises.

16. cantthinkofone

Akron
    I have a corn snake and have watched over my friends ball python. I have experiance with tons of snakes but honestly no I dont have hot training. ask me almost anything about non venomous and i can tell you. I know a couple of people who have kept gaboons and was interested in them. i love my corn and my emperor scorpion. i am planning on getting an albino nelsons milk snake or a gaboon but i havn't decided