what would be the best setup to house a 1/2" Antilles Pinktoe (Avicularia versicolor)

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
thinking about gettin one from the swifts site and i was just wondering what u guys think would be best to use to house this spider until it grows larger?i know that because this is an aboreal species it needs more height so that it may climb.also at a 1/2" pinheads or 1/4' crickets would work fine to right?
thanks in advance
(hopefully put this in the right forum)

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
it ought to come in a container that is appropriately sized, jsut rehouse it back into the container, with some dirt or peat moss on the bottom and a vertical piece of cork bark (or plastic tube, or stick or whatever you feel like using)

Bearskin10

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Yeah what Morri just said... I have never ordered from Swifty before but I am sure he send them out in decent sized vials that should be plenty good for at least 2 or 3 molts as avics don't gain much size with there first few molts... Greg

girlsfavtoy

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
swift sends it neatly packed inside those vials. you can usally keep slings up all the way to an inch or so, i've recently moved all my slings into plastic cases from those art stores... kinda expensive for the size.

Ratfinger

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
This is just my opinion but has worked very well for my A.versi slings and i got them at about half an inch as well. Go to walmart and get these. Just make sure you drill a bunch of SMALL holes all around the sides for good ventilation and something inside to perch on with a little peat at the bottom.
Mine started making great tube webs on top 2 days after stickin them in there.. Keep in mind this is not My pic but i bought the exact same salt shakers. I also didnt stick any plants in there, just simply propped a little twig in it.

Last edited: