What would be a good price for an adult female avicularia versicolor/Antilles Pinktoe?

Tarantula2004

Arachnopeon
So, i'm going to soon get an adult Avicularia versicolor female, I was just wondering what would be a price which isn't a complete ripoff, i got offered an avicularia versicolor female adult for £85. is that a good price or just a rip-off. thanks in advance :)

Vezon

Arachnopeon
A 'good' price would be $0. The question is, do you think that an AF versi is worth $85 to you? You also have to consider which part of the world you live in as some species are much more expensive or much cheaper than other places around the world.

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
So, i'm going to soon get an adult Avicularia versicolor female, I was just wondering what would be a price which isn't a complete ripoff, i got offered an avicularia versicolor female adult for £85. is that a good price or just a rip-off. thanks in advance :)
I understand that you live in the U.K, right? For me 85 quid seems over the top. I´ve seen adult females ranging from 50-70 EUR on the lists of many Central European sellers.

Tarantula2004

Arachnopeon
A 'good' price would be $0. The question is, do you think that an AF versi is worth $85 to you? You also have to consider which part of the world you live in as some species are much more expensive or much cheaper than other places around the world.
K thanks

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Drawback to getting an adult is you don't know old it is, or if it's someone else's burned out breeder. You could pay a hefty price for it and lose it a year or two later.

If you want a large spider, the best way is a sexed subadult/large juvenile. Then you'll get the full mileage on it.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
I think £85 is a bit OTT.

They are a bit sparce in the UK market at the moment but breeders stocklists are always changing.

Try online breeders throughout Europe.

I agree with Poec too. You never know the story behind a full grown adult. She might have been pumped rotten by now or may be near the end.

Stay safe. I rekn if you look around you might find a sexed large Juvie or subadult between 35-55 quid.

Fingers crossed for you buddy. They are beauties!!

Vanessa

Grammostola Groupie
It's tough to know with a full grown adult for all the reasons that everyone has given. I think that some people really take advantage of that - especially when it comes to species that are not that common or that take a long time to mature. Your best bet is to get a juvenile female if you can or go with a spiderling. You might end up having a male from a spiderling longer than a female who is elderly. Unless you have a history with the source and can trust them.
We've just had this discussion on a Canadian forum about an A. avicularia being sold privately for a huge amount more than she should have been. Lots of people will take advantage of you if they can - especially in private sales. Breeders have a reputation at stake, so it is often safer to go through them.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
Breeders have a reputation at stake, so it is often safer to go through them.

Not all breeders/dealers are above that. If it dies a year (or less) later, they can say it was due to the way you kept it.

BorisTheSpider

No this is Patrick
Old Timer
Drawback to getting an adult is you don't know old it is, or if it's someone else's burned out breeder. You could pay a hefty price for it and lose it a year or two later.

If you want a large spider, the best way is a sexed subadult/large juvenile. Then you'll get the full mileage on it.
Agreed 100 %

Tarantula2004

Arachnopeon
ok thanks everyone appreciated it :)
i'll be sure to get a sexed subadult or large juvie with a price which isn't a complete ripoff

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
If I was you I'd visit Tss online and order a Avicularia sp kwitara adult female and add a Avicularia versicolor sling the total cost would be around £50. Imo that is a far better deal, you get the versicolor (although maybe not female) and this is my opinion but you get a better looking slightly larger Avicularia than the versicolor as a bonus

Casey K

Arachnoknight
I would pay $96.70 US dollars ALL DAY LONG for an AF A. versicolor!!! I'd say that's a real good deal considering here in the US, they usually run close to $200 for an AF but like vezon said, it's up to the buyer as to what they value the T at or how bad they want it. It depends on the average price of that particular specimen in your country. Either way, I think you got a good deal as opposed to average prices of an AF here in the US. :)

beaker41

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ultimately things are worth whatever you can get someone to pay for them. I recently sold this mature versicolor for $175 and I felt like it was a fair price, she was raised from a sling with love.