What weirdos...

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Watching my Ts just now, my unsexed juvie N. incei named Braveheart was partaking in some serious grooming, as they do often, apparently requiring poses that put post-molt T yoga to shame. This time, Braveheart rolled (yes rolled) onto their side to groom all their toe tips one by one.

While this was happening, my juvie male B. hamorii/smithii/whatever named Ruckus made his way to the part of his enclosure that is next to Braveheart's deli cup. Then he climbed the side of his enclosure (never fear, he can touche the sub and the lid at the same time... no fall risk!).

Nothing unusual so far, right?

Until Ruckus started tapping and vibrating. After about 30 seconds of this behaviour from Ruckus, Braveheart righted himself, moved to the side of the deli next to his neighbour, and climbed his side too (again, no fall risk!). Ruckus went still. Braveheart didn't move. What seemed like forever passed with both still as statues, and then...

They both simultaneously walked away.

Braveheart went back to where he was before and resumed grooming.
Ruckus walked all the way to the back of his enclosure and onto his hide.
I have no idea what just transpired in T language.
These guys are endlessly entertaining lol

Gnarled Gnome

Arachnoknight
Sounds like you're in the background of a Pixar story about star-crossed tarantulas finding love and plotting their epic escape adventure... nothing to worry about! :D

Arachnophoric

Arachnoangel
I find my P. irminia and P. pulcher on the sides of their enclosures right next to each other in a similar way all the time. I think they're best friends. :troll:

Minty

@londontarantulas
Excellent choice of name. I secretly hope your N incei is an escape artist who shouts “Freedom!” when scaling the walls of its enclosure.

Gnarled Gnome

Arachnoknight
I find my P. irminia and P. pulcher on the sides of their enclosures right next to each other in a similar way all the time. I think they're best friends. :troll:
You just can't hear their daily talks that take place in sub-sonic vibrations, just like Teal totally missed that big musical number that was happening on the T's level...

Teal

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Sounds like you're in the background of a Pixar story about star-crossed tarantulas finding love and plotting their epic escape adventure... nothing to worry about! :D
That sounds brilliant! Lol

Awwww! They surely are :p

I like when they groom!
Me too! No one could ever say truthfully that spiders are dirty creatures.

Excellent choice of name. I secretly hope your N incei is an escape artist who shouts “Freedom!” when scaling the walls of its enclosure.
Now I secretly hope this as well! :rofl:

You just can't hear their daily talks that take place in sub-sonic vibrations, just like Teal totally missed that big musical number that was happening on the T's level...
I knew that tap pattern looked familiar... definitely "This Is Me" from The Greatest Showman :rofl:

Mr T Rantula

Arachnopeon
I'm always captivated by my S. plumpies when she starts grooming. Goes into her hide and plops down at a 45 degree angle and then starts cleaning away. Then when she's done with that side, she goes to the other side of the hide and plops down, like a drunk stumbling around and cleans the other side. Fascinating to watch!