What was your first aggressive t?

RottweilExpress

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
My first ever T was a very small, "unsexed" Lasiodora klugi from a local peddler here. Anyway, He seemed to be docile and harmless till his past molt.
He's still small (around 4 inches) but has a bad temper. He will attack anything in his enclosure, crickets, latteralis, or a pair of tweezers.

Heres his picture taken last August. :)

I don't know how this animal reacts as I've not seen it, but to join the anti "aggressive" word crusaders in this thread I'd rather say anything Lasiodora has an appetite, not an aggression.

blazetown

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I would say cobalt but it was my first T as well. And yeah defensive....also what the hell is up with this guy? Is it a troll or a person?

Kamikaze

@baboonmanila
Old Timer
I don't know how this animal reacts as I've not seen it, but to join the anti "aggressive" word crusaders in this thread I'd rather say anything Lasiodora has an appetite, not an aggression.
I respect your opinion. I still stand by the defensive nature of my Lasiodora klugi. He has a voracious appetite, and he is jumpy and defensive.
If ever I do take out discarded crickets or roaches by my tweezers, he quickly attacks and bites it. afterwhich, he runs and flicks hair.
Probably not all Lasiodora sp. behave this way, but mine does and I am just relaying my experience over them. ;)

to add:
My friends Lasiodora parahybana and mine are very defensive critters.
They will also jump at anything, bite and do a threat pose to anything that they see inside their enclosures.. may it be tweezers, paintbrushes or sticks.
And yes, they have insatiable appetites.

mwh9

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My first defensive T was a T. blondie, this was my second T and I did know about them before I purchased it. It was at a good price and it was in the plan of the T's that I wanted to own. This was a rather short list which is now complete with the exception of a Nhandu coloratovillosus which was purchased as a sub-adult for only $20.00. It was my third T and is about as mean as they get. I got my last one a week ago, a Haplopelma lividum. I now have five T's, the other one's are Avicularia versicolor and Brachypelma vagans. I would like to own a Brachypelma smithi if I find one at a good price.

Last edited:

the nature boy

Arachnoking
Old Timer
My first ever T was a very small, "unsexed" Lasiodora klugi from a local peddler here.
Bleep, boy. You've got to be kidding me! {D Um...have you ever owned any old world Ts? Man, I'd be embarrassed to post what you just did. :8o

--the nature boy

Scott C.

Arachnofloater
Old Timer
First T: P. murinus
Second T: C. crawshayi

Never had an aggro one though... Just a bunch of scared bugs with varying degrees of "I'll bite your ass!"