1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What was your first aggressive t?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by dragon_95, Sep 1, 2008.

1. dragon_95

dragon_95 Arachnosquire

Advertisement
    What was your first aggressive tarantula and how old were you then ?
    Just curious .

Mine was a Female cobalt blue spiderling and now shes big and mean .
    I was 9 then .

2. crpy

crpy Arachnoking

I like to use the term "defensive/aggressive":)

H. hercules, I was 17

Last edited: Sep 1, 2008
  3. brothaT

brothaT Arachnosquire

UT
    H. Maculata

I was 22, and still am.

4. dragon_95

dragon_95 Arachnosquire

5. PsychoChaser

PsychoChaser Arachnosquire

P murinus, then my G rosea turned psycho.

6. 29 or so, and my first T was a H. Lividum. Nothing to talk about since I did my research on before hand. I didn't even want one, but the price was exceptional.

7. kylecchh

kylecchh Arachnoknight

Oh my god, this guy was a troll too?

8. Tarantula_man94

Tarantula_man94 Arachnoknight

H. maculata would much rather hide than fight

9. Rick McJimsey

Rick McJimsey Arachnoprince

Well.
    My P.murinus were little, so they don't count.
    Neither were my young Hysterocrates sp.
    So, I guess Stromatopelma calceatum.
    1 year ago.

10. there is no such thing as an aggressive T

11. Jo&Rich

Jo&Rich Arachnopeon

I bet if you put your hand near a....let's say a H. mac's territory it's more than likely going to strike. I know that better defines "defensive" but I am sure that the word "aggressive" can be added in as well.

And just so I don't get off topic...I'm 25 and my 1st aggressive T. I just purchased about a month ago. It's a female juvenile Hysterocrates "gigas"...she's my little superbeast! And properly dubbed "Barbarella"!:D

12. if it jumps out of its container and runs over to my bed and under the covers just to bite me then its aggressive. if it bites me when i stick a body part near it its defensive.

13. Jo&Rich

Jo&Rich Arachnopeon

....well what about the reports of "chasing T's"? Now in my opinion if it's just defensive it's not going to chase you it's just going to intently let you know that it's angry.

14. they fall into the category of the A. hentzi that jump over 6 feet off the ground

15. Goomba

Goomba Arachnobaron

T. blondi and H. gigas.

16. Not to change the subject but what's the point of being banned if you can continue to create new accounts and continue to create and post in threads?

And I agree with Drachen. No such thing as an aggressive T.

17. insekta

insekta Arachnoknight

usa
    I'll send you my rosie. Won't be long before you add "and possessed" to aggressive. :D

And for me, my first defensive T wasn't a T, but an African trapdoor. My first aggressive T was my above-mentioned rosie. :)

18. sn95

sn95 Arachnopeon

I guess my first "aggressive" T was B. angustum, yes you read that right. It charges anything that gets within its enclosure and thats at like 1 3/4". Cobalt blue(H. lividum) would probably be my first T most people accept as being "aggressive".

19. beardslykrew

beardslykrew Arachnosquire

never had an aggresive t, but my first defensive t was an obt

20. Kamikaze

Kamikaze Arachnobaron

My first ever T was a very small, "unsexed" Lasiodora klugi from a local peddler here. Anyway, He seemed to be docile and harmless till his past molt.
    He's still small (around 4 inches) but has a bad temper. He will attack anything in his enclosure, crickets, latteralis, or a pair of tweezers.

[​IMG]

Heres his picture taken last August. :)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008