What was the hardest lesson to learn?

HammboneBob

Arachnopeon
I'd reckon the hardest lesson I've learned, and still struggle with is that just because I like em' not everyone else does. To me they're as normal as a cat, dog, or even bearded dragon. So all the hate mail kinda makes me go, "aaaah right.."

kingshockey

Arachnoangel
accepting that i cannot own alot of what i see people post pics of on here :rofl: while fun to read up and learn about what caught my attention. still have to keep things real to myself in regards to if i can even get my hand on them to buy

Chris73G

Arachnopeon
For me it was getting used to their strange behaviours, being patient and accepting that besides offering a proper enclosure, food and water the rest is up to the spider and you just gotta live with it and be comfortable with.
Even having read a lot before buying my first t and in theory "knowing it all" and thinking i´d be prepared perfectly, it just takes time to get comfortable with an animal that
- can sit like 10 hours in the same arkward position and that not being a sign that there´s something wrong,
- will stop eating for months and hardly ever visit its water dish and still molt and prosper,
- will climb the the glass when new to its enclosure and eventually fall,
- which you sometimes won´t see for months and you just have to trust that they´re fine and will come out again if they feel like it and
- all that other stuff which makes them so different from many other animals..

Last edited: