1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to know before getting a Female Ball python

Discussion in 'Not So Spineless Wonders' started by zyphonix223, Aug 21, 2019.

1. zyphonix223

zyphonix223 Arachnopeon Active Member

Advertisement
    Hey guys, there's a reptile Expo in Vancouver here next month. And i'm actually too young to have a job so I don't have much money and I was wondering if there is a difference between having a male and female bp besides food will be much larger for females. For example, do you have to do anything special for infertile eggs or do females have more needs? I already have a male Bp and everything is pretty easy, he just likes it when I just literally throw the rat into his enclosure and leave him alone. Thanks

2. schmiggle

schmiggle Arachnoprince Active Member

You mean you lied about your age when you signed up!? :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. zyphonix223

Haha maybe..

4. Mordax8393

Mordax8393 Arachnosquire Active Member

USA
    I have a female and she isn't any harder than a male to keep. Feeders are larger, but not that much.

5. Agreed with above -- my male (4+ yo), though lacking the length of a female still has quite a bit of girth! I don't know if a female's care differs aside from the the egg laying.
    My male is a chubby guy who'd probably eat daily if I let him. I probably only need to feed him every ten days, but he's out of his hide and searching for food by day five -- so I tend to feed him weekly instead.

I can't stand the thought of any critter being hungry. :(

6. zyphonix223

Okay thanks guys, I'm just worried about her laying eggs and me not knowing what to do

7. Mordax8393

Mordax8393 Arachnosquire Active Member

USA
    You should not have problems with unexpected clutches unless you pair her.