What to know before getting a Female Ball python

zyphonix223

Arachnosquire
Hey guys, there's a reptile Expo in Vancouver here next month. And i'm actually too young to have a job so I don't have much money and I was wondering if there is a difference between having a male and female bp besides food will be much larger for females. For example, do you have to do anything special for infertile eggs or do females have more needs? I already have a male Bp and everything is pretty easy, he just likes it when I just literally throw the rat into his enclosure and leave him alone. Thanks

Mordax8393

Arachnoknight
I have a female and she isn't any harder than a male to keep. Feeders are larger, but not that much.

Ellenantula

Arachnoking
Agreed with above -- my male (4+ yo), though lacking the length of a female still has quite a bit of girth! I don't know if a female's care differs aside from the the egg laying.
My male is a chubby guy who'd probably eat daily if I let him. I probably only need to feed him every ten days, but he's out of his hide and searching for food by day five -- so I tend to feed him weekly instead.

I can't stand the thought of any critter being hungry. :(

zyphonix223

Arachnosquire
Okay thanks guys, I'm just worried about her laying eggs and me not knowing what to do