What to feed scolpendra peedlings

Lephear

Arachnopeon
Hi, I am new here. I was just wondering what to feed newbord scolpendra peedlings?

Myrmeleon

Arachnoknight
You might want to post this in the myriapods section, that's for millipedes and centipedes.

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
Hi, I am new here. I was just wondering what to feed newbord scolpendra peedlings?
Baby Scolopendra will feed on small live crickets or roaches or prekilled larger ones. They will also eat raw meat like chicken (not too much red meat) and as a monthly supplement, soft fruit like banana or mango.

Lephear

Arachnopeon
Baby Scolopendra will feed on small live crickets or roaches or prekilled larger ones. They will also eat raw meat like chicken (not too much red meat) and as a monthly supplement, soft fruit like banana or mango.
Even for new borns?

LawnShrimp

Arachnoangel
Even for new borns?
Newborn? I'm not sure what you mean. Centipedes have four baby stages. Stage 1 is an egg. Stage 2 is a protonymph, which looks like a little white ring without legs. Stage 3 is a"whitenymph" which looks like a baby centipede, has legs, but is not flattened and does not have developed antennae or color. Stage 4 is mobile and after it hardens into its colors, will separate from its mother. Mothers will fiercely guard their young for stages 1-3 and also the first few weeks of stage 4.

If the pedeling is with its mother and siblings and is still white, do not attempt feeding.
If the pedeling is with its mother and siblings and has color, you can feed the mother with prekilled prey and she may or may not share it with her babies.
If the pedeling is separate from its mother and has color, you can feed it what I mentioned in my earlier post.

Lephear

Arachnopeon
Newborn? I'm not sure what you mean. Centipedes have four baby stages. Stage 1 is an egg. Stage 2 is a protonymph, which looks like a little white ring without legs. Stage 3 is a"whitenymph" which looks like a baby centipede, has legs, but is not flattened and does not have developed antennae or color. Stage 4 is mobile and after it hardens into its colors, will separate from its mother. Mothers will fiercely guard their young for stages 1-3 and also the first few weeks of stage 4.

If the pedeling is with its mother and siblings and is still white, do not attempt feeding.
If the pedeling is with its mother and siblings and has color, you can feed the mother with prekilled prey and she may or may not share it with her babies.
If the pedeling is separate from its mother and has color, you can feed it what I mentioned in my earlier post.
Ohh okay thanks alot:)

So they can eat small crickets?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
They can eat small live prey but if you have many of them, I found it easier to pre-kill larger things. You can pop off the back legs of crickets also and drop the back legs in with the baby centipedes. I haven't tried many other things but something like small bits of raw fish like salmon might work. I have tried things like that when I've gotten low on feeders. If you just have one or a few, cricket legs work really well at first.