What to do with my Tarantula when i move

TarantulaTeen

Arachnopeon
Hello guys i was wondering how to deal with my tarantulas when i move to another state. Should do what kenthebugguy does when he ships his tarantula.:confused:

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
How far are you moving? As in, how long of a drive will it be? Also, is it just you packing up your car and going off to college or something, or are we talking a big moving van? How many tarantulas are you bringing with you?

TarantulaTeen

Arachnopeon
Well im not going to college yet but im moving from Kansas to Arizona and yes i plan on keeping them.

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I prefer the pack them in deli cups with some substrate or moist paper towels, set them on the seat next to me, and tote the buggers with me method. It has worked for me numerous times while I was moving around during the college years.

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
As with any pet (or child!), you do not want to leave them alone in a hot car, even if you're just getting out to stretch your legs. The temperature inside a car on even a mildly warm sunny day can get over 100% in about 10 minutes.

I prefer the pack them in deli cups with some substrate or moist paper towels, set them on the seat next to me, and tote the buggers with me method. It has worked for me numerous times while I was moving around during the college years.
I have never traveled with Ts, but i like Jmugleston's idea. This way, you could put the deli cups into a cardboard box or tote bag, and bring them with you when you stop for food, etc. You might get a few questionable looks if you carry a box into a restaurant, but i doubt anyone would say anything, and you don't have to say what's inside! lol

TarantulaTeen

Arachnopeon
Thank you

Ok then ill go with your plan Jmugleston.
I also forgot to mention my lil brother scorpian :wall: XD. should i do the same thing.

Jmugleston

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ok then ill go with your plan Jmugleston.
I also forgot to mention my lil brother scorpian :wall: XD. should i do the same thing.
Yeah. That works for frogs, spiders, scorpions, pedes, people (though poke more air holes for them), small lizards, and small snakes.