What tarantulas would go in these enclosures?

Dragondrool

Arachnosquire
What tarantula would be a good fit for each? Obviously something smaller or slower growing in the 8 by 11.5in, or perhaps a burrowing type, and something a little larger in the (I think) 5 gal? I will be adding a proper hide in the 5 gal

Attachments

Liquifin

Arachnoking
The 8"x11.5" can house a medium/small size T. probably something around 3.5''-4" at max. The 5 gallon can can fit an adult T. but it's going need a lot of adjustments, such as getting rid of the mesh lid, and add quite a lot of substrate to reduce chances of fall hazards. I can't recommend a T. because I don't know what species you already have. So maybe a list of what you already have can help.

Dragondrool

Arachnosquire
The 8"x11.5" can house a medium/small size T. probably something around 3.5''-4" at max. The 5 gallon can can fit an adult T. but it's going need a lot of adjustments, such as getting rid of the mesh lid, and add quite a lot of substrate to reduce chances of fall hazards. I can't recommend a T. because I don't know what species you already have. So maybe a list of what you already have can help.
I own a pinktoe and GBB so far, I'm willing to go into more intermediate tarantulas but I'm fine with any, really. I haven't had any issues with mesh covers personally, but I'll look into fixing that.

Andrew Clayton

Arachnobaron
Mesh covers are considered bad especially for terrestrial species as there not the best climbers and can get there claws stuck in the mesh and they can chew through it. As for what to put in them I would recommend new world species still maybe Brachypelma vagans, Ephebopus murinus and Lasiodora parahybana just some suggestions I dont have that many Ts though so maybe someone that has a wider variety could advise you further

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I haven't had any issues with mesh covers personally
So let's think about your statement...YOU haven't had any issues with screen tops. But really, you'll never have a problem w/screen, because YOU don't live in a tank...:rolleyes:

BUT, your T does...Now that "cherished" exotic animal of yours is going to have the problem perhaps.

Even arboreal Ts can get stuck in screen tops. My MM A. sp metallica would get stuck in his ExoTerra, until I fixed that w/plexiglass.

However, go ahead and keep rolling the dice w/your cherished pets life.

Here's a link I'm providing to help your T, because YOU don't have issues w/screen, and never will.

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/replace-screen-tops.289820/page-2

Screen yeah, it's great :rolleyes:

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/thank-you-for-this-morning.308911/

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/came-home-from-work-and-my-a-avic-is-missing-a-leg.309938/

Dragondrool

Arachnosquire
So let's think about your statement...YOU haven't had any issues with screen tops. But really, you'll never have a problem w/screen, because YOU don't live in a tank...:rolleyes:

BUT, your T does...Now that "cherished" exotic animal of yours is going to have the problem perhaps.

Even arboreal Ts can get stuck in screen tops. My MM A. sp metallica would get stuck in his ExoTerra, until I fixed that w/plexiglass.

However, go ahead and keep rolling the dice w/your cherished pets life.

Here's a link I'm providing to help your T, because YOU don't have issues w/screen, and never will.

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/replace-screen-tops.289820/page-2

Screen yeah, it's great :rolleyes:

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/thank-you-for-this-morning.308911/

http://arachnoboards.com/threads/came-home-from-work-and-my-a-avic-is-missing-a-leg.309938/
I'm going to fix the screen top, I was just noting I thankfully hadn't had any issues yet. I don't know why you're being rude, I'm not ignoring the advice I'm getting from people on here, that's why I made this thread. I don't really appreciate the tone even if it's coming from a good place or the suggestion I don't care about my pets. I'm very serious about this.

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I'm going to fix the screen top, I was just noting I thankfully hadn't had any issues yet. I don't know why you're being rude, I'm not ignoring the advice I'm getting from people on here, that's why I made this thread. I don't really appreciate the tone even if it's coming from a good place or the suggestion I don't care about my pets. I'm very serious about this.
We have a lot of people who believe in the "if it hasn't happened to me, so everything is fine" behavior. I don't know you, so you could be quite caring, or perhaps not. I don't assume you are one or the other.

Some people note things, and for some, their "notes" follow the school of thought "never happened to me, nothing is wrong". Plenty of screen discussions like this.

I'm merely providing some info, both to help your T, and you.

Enjoy!

Dragondrool

Arachnosquire
We have a lot of people who believe in the "if it hasn't happened to me, so everything is fine" behavior. I don't know you, so you could be quite caring, or perhaps not. I don't assume you are one or the other.

Some people note things, and for some, their "notes" follow the school of thought "never happened to me, nothing is wrong". Plenty of screen discussions like this.

I'm merely providing some info, both to help your T, and you.

Enjoy!
Okay. Next time I recommend being nicer

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
That's just viper, don't expect him to send you any flowers. He still hasn't sent me any :(
Hahah you always crack me up.

I’ll prepare a lullaby next time, or a short bedtime story, or I’ll spend time trying to read into words typed on a forum, and read the mind of a poster through ESP :D