Your 2019 Tarantula Wishlist?

miamc12321

Arachnopeon
be secretive, or double crossing.my wife is.
just recently my wife approved two new spiders, ,(one also avic. purpurea) the catch, i have to give her what i have been fighting against for ten years.... a plastic Christmas tree.

i took that trade. find what he wants to trade for, and offer. it worked for her. (ten years, and now i have a weakness, funny, she got us into the hobby, almost like it was planned from the beginning........ohh well, if she manipulated me by giving me a new hobby involving invertebrates, ill acquiesce.)
I'd take a plastic Christmas tree. His would be a gaming system. The newest Xbox one model I'm guessing. Forget what it's called. I'd do it, though! I would!

Edit: Xbox one X! Damn near 300 dollars! Great bribe, I think?

TianJuzo

Arachnopeon
Pickin up 2 6.5' T.Stirmi females, And an H.minax soon. Was kicking myself between H.minax and M.Robustum Haha. Id also love to get more balfouri's, but no one sells at a reasonable price nowadays lol.

Wolfspidurguy

Arachnobaron
my wish list is mostly other inverts but whatever ill still post it.

Tarantulas: Brachypelma hamorii

true spiders: Scytodidae, Oxyopidae, Kukulcania hibernalis, Sparassidae, Argiope aurantia, a female hogna carolinensis for my male,
Agelenopsis (been looking for them everywhere cant find them outide or for sale :/)

other: Tenodera sinensis, a centipede idk which kind i want yet, Scarites subterraneus,

ArachnidBoi

Arachnopeon
Not technically a tarantula, but Calisoga longitarsus. (it's a nemesiid) I might be able to collect one or two when I'm in California next year. (which seems to be the only way to get them as there are none for sale)

The Seraph

Arachnolord
Caribena versicolor. I have been meaning to get into arboreals, and they just look so beautiful as slings.

Katiekooleyes

Arachnosquire
After careful consideration, I'm aiming for a psalmopoeus cambridgei. I'm aiming to add it to my small, yet growing collection (I have 1 T atm lol) shortly after Xmas. Santa's going to bring me a new enclosure and everything I need for a nice setup for the new year :)

MetalMan2004

Arachnodemon
Well since it’s a wishlist... the rest of the Psalmos (I have irminia, cambridgei, pulcher and victori. The other half of the genus isn’t too much to ask for is it?), I mira has really caught my eye as well. I’d also like to add extra room to my wishlist as well because I’m out of it.... The only true spider that I really want is H davidbowie (thanks @Greasylake for putting the bug in my ear). I could go on but that’s a good start.

EtienneN

Arachno-enigma
I'm gonna have to start hiding spiders from my mother...;) But if I got more I'd say a good C. cyaneopubescens or some kind of avicularia. Almost got the GBB last month had it not been for the H. pulchripes and G. pulchra that were on sale. If I ever get my own place, I'd like a T. stirmi.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
On Jan 1st this year I certainly never pictured myself having the massive variety of invertebrates I have now 12 months later. What I found particularly enjoyable were a few smaller additions like my golden wishbones and curtain webs.
Owning some of the deadliest spiders on the planet has been particularly humbling and enjoyable, it is a weighty responsibility that you should never get into just to show off to other keepers. 1 mistake when dealing with Hadronyche or Atrax sp could be deadly, but once again I never thought I'd be owning them and loving them.
Here's a few of my year highlights

Anyway, my massive progress in the hobby this year leave little room for additions next year. My number one goal is now to find the largest, awesomest, fiercest, rarest of the wishbone spiders, Xiamatus Magnificus (I have some photos below, full credit to Robert Whyte for these fantastic photos). That would be the icing on the cake for my collection and I would be so happy to have one. I would also welcome M.Occatoria, H.Infensa and H.Formidabilis. For tarantulas I'd definitely love Phlogius Sarina
So, what about everyone else? I'm sure there's plenty of amazing species out there you're all desperate to get your hands on. Perhaps you are on a mission to convince your parents that spiders are actually friends! Or maybe just sit back and admire what you have for a while. Have any planned nature adventures? I thought it would be a nice idea to share everyone's plans for next year. Use this a checklist to come back and tick off! So let's hear it all!
Here's the X.Magnificus (once again, I take no credit for these photos by Robert Whyte) P106097719-10-11.jpg P106096819-10-11.jpg

Last edited:

PrimalxTyrantula

Arachnosquire
Really want to get a
p.metallica
G.pulchra

Havent decided on t.stirmi or blondi yet but those are the ones im searching for :)

The Seraph

Arachnolord
Most likely I will get C. Versicolor. I have really fallen in love with them, especially the slings.

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
i would like to get some success out of my breeding projects!
That'd be awesome! Let us know how they go. I've got some Phlogius I'm planning to pair again later in the month so it will be cool to have some slings next year as well

SDCustom78

Arachnopeon
I'm going to start getting into terrestrials/fossorials this year. The only ones I currently own were freebies from other purchases being A. seemanni and N. incei. My collection is ALL arboreal so it will be a nice change. Ephebopus genus comes to mind but i'll have to wait till spring for better shipping weather though. I'd like to get a mature female A. avicularia for my male who matured out about a month ago as well before the inevitable happens, hoping he lasts till i can get one shipped when the weathers warmer.