What tarantula spins the most webs

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I've been pretty fortunate to have a good variety of spiders that I've kept over the years and think back at some of the crazy webs they make. Heck, there's tons toward the top as far as webbing: chilobrachys, avics, malaysian earth tiger, obt, pokes, skeletons, sun tiger, so many, too many to name them all even. :drool:

Niloticus
What is the latin name for skeletons? :confused:

I actually have never heard of skeletons till the other day I saw a thread about them here on AB and thought it was a joke :eek:

LirvA

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thank you.

Confirmed never heard of that species imo.

Protectyaaaneck

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've been pretty fortunate to have a good variety of spiders that I've kept over the years and think back at some of the crazy webs they make. Heck, there's tons toward the top as far as webbing: chilobrachys, avics, malaysian earth tiger, obt, pokes, skeletons, sun tiger, so many, too many to name them all even. :drool:

Niloticus

I'd have to disagree. Pokies don't really web that much. They tend to use more substrate than actual webbing. Ephebopus dig burrows...

As for REAL heavy webbers, you can't go wrong with Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens, Pterinochilus murinus or Monocentropus balfouri.

Jared781

Arachnobaron
My Chilobrachys huahini layers the entire floor, then starts covering the walls! 2nd guess would be GBB!!
Although, C. huahini are VERY defensive and fast! Mine also hisses!

Giygas

Arachnosquire
Not exactly a tarantula, but L.megattheloides not only webs up the floor, but also adds new floors to the enclosure. They are extremely beautiful. One thing to note is their long spinnerettes. They're relatively new to the hobby, so it would be nice for a change :)

suzypike

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My best tube webbers are:
Pterinochilus murinus
Holothele incei
Psalmopoeus cambridgei
Psalmopoeus pulcher

My GBB (mature males that have passed) were great webbers, but they didn't really do tube webs. They just webbed up everything in their enclosures.

My P. pulcher has an awesome system of tube webs all through her enclosure. However, I can't get good pics from the outside, due to her webbing up the walls. These were taken from inside her tank, and so you can only see one tunnel at a time. If you could see all of them, and how they go all through the plants and branches, you would get a better idea of how cool a webber she is---
SDC15167.JPG SDC15172.JPG

P. cambridgei
beastpretty 001a.jpg beastpretty 002.jpg

Last edited:

vickywild

Arachnoknight
+1 for C.fimbriatus.
Mines just a 1/2" sling just now and already its vile is so full of web I can't see a thing haha.

Storm76

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Heterothele villosella webs nice webs as well.

TZach

Arachnosquire
Ive always heard the gbb and the horned species do alot of webbing