1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What spider is this?

Discussion in 'True Spiders & Other Arachnids' started by Bishop, Jun 6, 2018.

1. Bishop

Bishop Arachnopeon

Advertisement
    I found this little one in my bathroom and decided to enclosure it next to my T’s. Problem is I have no idea what kind it is so I only have a general idea of what it needs. I live in Denver.

Attached Files:

2. The Snark

The Snark هرج و مرج مهندس Old Timer

Looks vaguely Agelenid. Can't tell for certain with that picture. Does it have protrusions, spinnerets sticking out the back end?

3. pannaking22

pannaking22 Arachnoking Active Member

Welcome to the forum!

Something about what I can see of the eyes is throwing me off, but I think it might be an agelenid too. @Ungoliant would probably be able to help with ID too.

4. loxoscelesfear

loxoscelesfear Arachnoprince Old Timer

the eyes make me think a fat Schizocosa, but it could be an Agelenid. Can you get a better pic?

5. Veles

Veles Arachnobaron

Wolf spider of some kind.

6. The Snark

The Snark هرج و مرج مهندس Old Timer

I can't see if there are that pair of star gazer Lyco eyes back in the black coloration of it's head. Can anybody spot them?
    OP, if you can see those eyes it's obviously a lycosid. They are placed to point straight up and even slightly backwards some distance behind the main large pair of eyes.

7. pannaking22

pannaking22 Arachnoking Active Member

Ahh, Lycosidae would make sense. Certainly could explain why the eyes were throwing me off.