What spider is this? – Black/Orange – 8 eyes (2 rows) – thin short hair

TheWildMind

Arachnopeon
Hi.

Just found this spider – pictures below.

Actually, the spider found me since it woke me up at 3:00 am on my bed sheets starring at me. Creeped-out, I sent it flying. Found it hiding under my bed and damaged it (not a spider lover, intended to kill it at first due to the time, the creep, etc...). I then put it in a plastic box where it's still alive but it has lost two legs ):

What spider is it? Also, any links to know more about it? I guess there is a first time to fall in love with spiders. First time I take the time to see it so close, and it's still kind of in good shape on its body and I can see the details, eyes, claws and all its wonderful anatomy :O

Pictures are of good quality hopefully. I also hope that the spider survives... Google says a spider can regrow legs: is that true? Will free this spider a bit further from my own bed sheets later. Would be great to know if it was wise not to end its agony and to think it can actually stay alive for a long time. It currently has 5 legs in good shape, two missing and one with a transparent "gel" bubble formed in the first junction with its body. The body itself it intact as it can be seen in the attached pictures.

Regards,

TheWildMind

Attachments

USMuscle9403

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Adult male Eratigena, probably Eratigena atrica or agrestis, House Spider. Since it's a mature male, he won't molt again to regain any lost legs. They're venomous but don't pose any danger to humans.

spotropaicsav

Arachnobaron
Hi.

Just found this spider – pictures below.

Actually, the spider found me since it woke me up at 3:00 am on my bed sheets starring at me. Creeped-out, I sent it flying. Found it hiding under my bed and damaged it (not a spider lover, intended to kill it at first due to the time, the creep, etc...). I then put it in a plastic box where it's still alive but it has lost two legs ):

What spider is it? Also, any links to know more about it? I guess there is a first time to fall in love with spiders. First time I take the time to see it so close, and it's still kind of in good shape on its body and I can see the details, eyes, claws and all its wonderful anatomy :O

Pictures are of good quality hopefully. I also hope that the spider survives... Google says a spider can regrow legs: is that true? Will free this spider a bit further from my own bed sheets later. Would be great to know if it was wise not to end its agony and to think it can actually stay alive for a long time. It currently has 5 legs in good shape, two missing and one with a transparent "gel" bubble formed in the first junction with its body. The body itself it intact as it can be seen in the attached pictures.

Regards,

TheWildMind

Actually, the spider found me since it woke me up at 3:00 am on my bed sheets starring at me.
:rofl:
Made me laugh. I commend you for caring for it under the circumstances and seeking more info! Looks like the love was mutual. I probably would have squashed it completely by accident! Especially where sleep is involved:shifty:

spotropaicsav

Arachnobaron

Actually, the spider found me since it woke me up at 3:00 am on my bed sheets starring at me.
:rofl:
Made me laugh. I commend you for caring for it under the circumstances and seeking more info! Looks like the love was mutual. I probably would have squashed it completely by accident! Especially where sleep is involved:shifty:
And yes spiders can regrow limbs

TheWildMind

Arachnopeon
Thanks everyone for the replies, and specially USMuscle9403 for the spider id. I asked the spider his passport but he refused to handle it, forcing me to ask for forensics.
Sad that it's a mature male stuck with 6 legs though. Oh well... now it can somewhat be considered an insect, right?