what species to get next ?

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Can you keep those bone dry? I thought they needed to be kept at least somewhat on the moist side to prevent moulting problems.
True, not bone dry. I keep mine a bit moist. But she hates it if I get it geniculata or pampho moist.

cpenno

Arachnopeon
Try a Psalmopoeus cambridgei or pulcher, they are NW but lack urticating hairs and would act more like OWs in terms of speed and the potential to bite, I have a pulcher and think it's a great looking T, eats well also.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
Try a Psalmopoeus cambridgei or pulcher, they are NW but lack urticating hairs and would act more like OWs in terms of speed and the potential to bite, I have a pulcher and think it's a great looking T, eats well also.
OP wants arid terrestrial species, those don't cover either base ;)

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
i`m only willing to get new world terrestrial arid habitat dwelling ones .
Not pet rocks but bit active or with some attitude .
As @KezyGLA noted, there are limited options for arid New World terrestrials with attitude. (Many of them are of the docile/pet rock variety.)

You may have to compromise either on being kept bone dry or on the attitude. Personally, I wouldn't be afraid of getting into species that like it slightly moist, as that greatly expands your options. And you're not a brand new keeper (which should generally start with docile, arid terrestrials). Getting the moisture right for species that like it only slightly moist is a lot easier than, say, a Theraphosa (where it can be difficult for a beginner to dial in the right moisture level without killing the tarantula).

For species that like it a little moist, just keep part of the substrate slightly damp, and learn to read your tarantula. As @The Grym Reaper mentioned, if the tarantula is hovering over the dish constantly, your enclosure is too dry. If it constantly climbing after the first couple of weeks (climbing is not uncommon when a tarantula is settling into a new enclosure), it is likely too wet.

OP is looking for arid species i believe, A. genic , Pampho's Xenithis and Phormictopus like is a bit more humid don't they?
While Acanthoscurria geniculata doesn't like it bone dry, its moisture requirements are easy to meet and shouldn't cause difficulty for a new keeper.

I really enjoy the temperament of Acanthoscurria geniculata, even if it's really only interested in food. Every time I do maintenance, she reacts in a hilariously over-the-top way. (Then she backs away when she realizes it's not food.)

However, you already have Nhandu chromatus, which has a similar color scheme (and a similar disposition).

Since you want a NW that needs to have arid conditions I'll put Grammostola pulchra forward.
I absolutely love Grammostola pulchra, but the species tends to be more of a pet rock when you're not interacting with it. It can also be hard to find and tends to be relatively expensive for a sling (but IMO, worth every penny if you come across one).

If you want a Grammostola that has a stronger feeding response, I second looking into Grammostola iheringi. (This species is on my wish list.) @basin79 has some feeding videos of them in action.