what species to get next ?

zxneon

Arachnosquire
what species can you recommend to get next ?
i`m only willing to get new world terrestrial arid habitat dwelling ones .
Not pet rocks but bit active or with some attitude .
At this moment i have
GBB
lasiodora parahybana
nhandu chromatus
B.albopilosum
B.vagans
B.smithi
B.sabulosum

I really like brachypelmas so i most likely will get one or two .
Maybe i will get grammostola pulchripes or some lasiodora .

But what other genus will wall into my criteria ? Not super rare , my sources are somewhat limited .

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
upload_2017-8-7_15-3-42.png G. iheringi, the most beautiful of all the Grammostola sp. Great eating response. They get to be pretty big , 7". Just look at that abdomen and the contrast from the black / smokey grey legs, and the black carapace. Beautiful spider, that's why I'm buying this exact spider, look at her!!!!!!
Picture: Compliments of @KezyGLA

campj

Captive bread
Old Timer
I'd recommend a Pamphobeteus species, Phormictopus species, Xenesthis species, or Sericopelma species. Most of them get big, look nice, have awesome feeding habits (seek and destroy!), are always out, have plenty of attitude, and are pretty active. Most Pamphobeteus go through some nice color changes through their life cycles too.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Ah I thought that was a list of possible new additions. My mistake.

Get some Euathlus, Thrixopelma

leaveittoweaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
You need Acanthoscurria Geniculata! Seriously. If you want new world terrestrial attitude, that is the way to go.

Followed by G.Iheringi, they also have quite an attitude. And also I don't think you can go wrong with G.Pulchripes or G.Pulchra.

B.Emilia is another great Brachy.

Haemus

Arachnosquire
+1 to the A. genic, beastly T with a great appetite.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
If you want new world terrestrial attitude
They don't really have an attitude, it's just that their first reaction to any new stimuli is "It's food! Kill it until it dies", my big girl dejectedly walks away from whatever it is right after she realises that something isn't food.

It is another T that everyone should have though.

basin79

ArachnoGod
Since you want a NW that needs to have arid conditions I'll put Grammostola pulchra forward.

Mojo288

Arachnoknight
OP is looking for arid species i believe, A. genic , Pampho's Xenithis and Phormictopus like is a bit more humid don't they? Second G. pulchra and toss in pulchripes, love the black and the black/ gold, bit slow growing for my taste but beautiful specimens.

miss moxie

Arachnoprince
Grammostola iheringi is an incredible tarantula, my favorite of the four grammy species I have experience with. A. geniculata are nice too but you definitely don't want to keep them bone dry. My girl would hang out near her water dish if I didn't wet her substrate down the way she liked.

KezyGLA

Arachnoking
Ok well, attitude and arid sp. dont really go hand in hand. B. boehmei and A. moderatum.

The Grym Reaper

Arachnoreaper
A. geniculata are nice too but you definitely don't want to keep them bone dry. My girl would hang out near her water dish if I didn't wet her substrate down the way she liked.
Agreed, you have to kinda find the sweet spot for them, too wet and they climb, too dry and they perch over the water dish non-stop.